Some people find weight loss easier than others due to differences in their metabolism. But a disciplined approach always helps everyone to get rid of those extra pounds around your belly and rest of the body.
If you are obese or overweight then you must try natural ways to lose weight and live a healthy and active life. You have many choices. Soluble fiber rich foods like prune juice is one of the natural remedies for weight loss.
Give it a try?
Table of Contents
- Does Prune Juice Really Help in Weight Loss?
- How to Use Prune Juice for Weight Loss
- Other Tips and Precautions
Anything that is high in fiber is helpful in weight loss. Since prune juice is high in soluble fiber it certainly helps you to get rid of those extra pounds you want to shed.
However, all juices are high in calories and they get absorbed very fast in the body without giving a feeling of satiation, so you may develop a tendency to over indulge. That might cause weight gain.
You have to be extra careful as prune juice has almost 40 % more calories than other fruit juices. According US department of Agriculture a cup of canned prune juice has 154 calories. Unsweetened juice is even higher in calories.
Prune juice contains sorbitol, a soluble fiber. It has laxative properties. That's why use of prune juice for constipation in babies and adults is popular.
Since it absorbs water due to fiber content and passes it in stools it certainly reduces water based weight.
Too much of prune juice will cause diarrhea.
So, the short answer is yes prune juice helps in weight loss but you have to be careful about the quantities you consume. You will also have to simultaneously follow other weight loss discipline to get rid of that extra fat.
You can use prune juice in the following ways for shedding extra fat on your body.
- Drink ½ cup prune juice one hour before your dinner
- Eat balanced dinner on time
You can dilute prune juice with water if concentrated prune juice doesn't suit you.
Prune Juice is made from pureed dried plums. That is why it has more calories. You get the same soluble fiber from plums.
- Eat couple of plums 2-3 times a day at snack time.
- Avoid any other snack
- Drink ½ cup of prune juice 1 hour before dinner
- Add 2 tablespoons of prune juice and apple cider vinegar each to glass of water
- Drink one hour before dinner
Apple cider vinegar is also rich in fiber and helps in weight loss. Clear pasteurized and filtered apple cider vinegar loses most of its soluble fiber. Buy cloudy mother apple cider vinegar for best results on fat reduction.
Weight Loss requires a disciplined approach. Taking many simultaneous actions together helps to reduce faster. Since food and your weight has a direct relationship, it is important that your diet is balanced. This ensures that malnutrition doesn't affect your overall health as you start a diet for weight loss.
Following tips and Precautions about uses of prune juice and other actions for weight loss will help.
- Don't over use prune juice as it can cause diarrhea and add weight due to high calories. ½ cup is enough for a day for healthy weight loss.
- Eat more fruits vegetables and legumes to get required nutrients to stay healthy.
- Avoid junk foods and fatty foods including red meat
- Eat slow and chew your food properly
- Exercise regularly.
- Learn to deal with stress
If you are obese or overweight, then don't ignore your condition. It is not good for quality and longevity of life. Try everything possible to reduce your weight and stay healthy. If you don't find prune juice useful try something else.