Candida infection spreads due to overgrowth of a microbe -Candida albicans. This is the kind of infection that impacts both men and women. If allowed to grow in the intestine candida can cause autoimmune disorders.
Some candida is always present in the gut and is properly balanced by the good bacteria. But use of antibiotics, high carb foods and certain lifestyle can reduce good bacteria in the gut causing candida overgrowth.
Once candida overgrowth occurs in your body (candidiasis), it is difficult to contain it. It requires treatment, changes in lifestyle and patience to get rid of it. Oregano oil is one natural remedy that can expedite removal of excess candida from your body.
Go for it! It is scientifically proven.
Table of Contents
- Can Oregano Oil Treat Candida?
- How to Use Oregano Oil for Candida?
- Other Benefits of Oregano Oil
- Other Tips and Precautions
Oregano is just not a simple aromatic herb generally used in italian cooking but it also possesses many medicinal properties. It treats candida as well as it is very effective on MRSA virus and many other microbial conditions. It is an excellent home remedy for yeast infection.
Oregano oil has anti-inflammatory antibacterial and antiviral properties. It is rich in concentrated phenols which prevent and treat fungal infections.
Wild oregano is far more potent than the cultivated oregano. So when you buy oregano oil make sure that it is made from wild oregano.
Most benefits of oregano oil comes from Carvacrol and thymol, two natural compounds in oregano oil that are highly antimicrobial.
Many scientific studies including A study published in Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry journal has also shown that oregano oil inhibits the growth of candida. The best aspect is that candida doesn't develop resistance to oregano oil as it does to other antifungal agents.
A study conducted by University of West England Bristol indicate that oregano oil is more effective antiviral agent than many pharmaceutical antibiotics.
Oregano oil is manufactured from the leaves of the wild oregano by steam distillation process.
Oregano oil alone can be very effective on yeast infection caused by candida overgrowth.
- Add 2-3 drops of oregano oil in a glass of water
- Mix well
- Drink it twice daily
- Gradually increase to 5-6 drops daily
These softgel oregano capsules are as effective as the oregano oil. Some people may find it more convenient.
- Begin with taking one softgel oregano oil capsule after meals as supplement
- Gradually increase to two
- Follow manufacturers instructions
Olive leaf extract has oleuropein which has powerful anti fungal properties to effectively deal with candida.
- Take olive leaf extract capsules as recommended daily once
- Take Oregano oil once as explained above.
This double action will help you to get rid if your candida yeast infection fast.
In addition to fighting the candida in other fungal infections oregano oil provides many more health benefits. Some of them are listed as under:
- Boosts immunity
- Improves digestion
- Reduces inflammation
- Treats urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Treats hay fever and other allergy related conditions
- Clears skin by topical application
- Prevents oxidative stress caused by free radicals
With so many health benefits, it certainly is a good idea to keep oregano oil handy in your kitchen.
You certainly will not like the discomforts such as bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, joint pain, headache anxiety and depression caused by the overgrown candida in your body.
Following tips will help to reduce candida
- Cut down on your carbs. Candida feeds on refined carbs and sugar. Once the food supply is cut candida can't grow.
- Add garlic to your diet. Eating raw is more effective as cooking as it damages the active compound allicin that us antimicrobial.
- Add unrefined coconut oil as a replacement of butter in your snacks. Use it on steamed vegetables and other food items. Coconut has caprylic acid which is an active antifungal agent. It effectively deals with candida.
- Use Oregano in any form to your food for more effectiveness on candida.
If you have iron deficiency then you should avoid taking oregano oil as it reduces ability to absorb iron. It might also reduce the blood flow to the uterus therefore pregnant women should also avoid oregano oil.
Otherwise everyone else can use it for candida and for its all other health benefits.