Did you know that Pinworms are the most common parasite human infections in the United States? Pinworms mostly affect school going children of the age 5-10 years. These thin white worms are about 3 mm - 12 mm in length.
Everyone who is in close contact with an infected child has to be careful as pinworm infection is contagious.
The symptoms of Pinworms infection include rash and skin irritation and frequent desires to scratch around your anus. You may get restless sleep due to anal itching. Nausea vomiting and loss of appetite are some other symptoms. Interestingly some people may not get any symptoms.
Use of essential oils and other home remedies can help to deal with Pinworms infections effectively. You can begin treatment as soon as you become aware of the infection to reduce the risk of passing on the infection to others.
Table of Contents
- Are Essential Oils Good to Treat Pinworms?
- 3 Powerful Essential oils for Pinworms
- Other Tips and Precautions
Most essential oils possess antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral and antifungal capabilities in varying strengths to deal with different parasites. Many of these essential oils treat Pinworms infection effectively quickly. They are generally good home remedies for intestinal worms.
Treating the infection in an early stage is not only important for getting relief, but is also important to prevent spreading the infection as pinworms infections are highly contagious.
Oregano essential oil has powerful antibacterial and antifungal capabilities.A study has revealed the effectiveness of oregano essential oils to effectively kill many types of parasites completely. (1).
- Oregano Essential Oil
- Jojoba oil
- Coconut oil
- Mix 2 drops of Oregano oil to 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- Apply the mix to anus and surrounding skin before going to bed
- Do it every day until the pinworm infection is gone
- Continue after that every alternate day for a few more weeks
- Mix 1 drop of food grade oregano oil with 1 teaspoon or food grade virgin coconut oil
- Ingest it
- Do it 2 times daily
Researchers have found Oregano essential oil very effective in many kinds of parasites.
Tea tree essential oil is also a very powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial and antifungal agent. Ingestion is not recommended as food grade tea tree oil is difficult to find and may not suit everyone.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Jojoba oil
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil in one teaspoon of jojoba oil
- Apply it in the affected area in the rectom and surrounding skin
- Do it daily until the pinworms are killed
- Apply it afterwards for 2 more weeks every alternate day
Eugenol present in clove oil has powerful germicidal capabilities in addition to antimicrobial (2) and antiseptic capabilities to get rid of pinworms
- Clove oil
- Coconut oil
Add 2-3 drops of clove oils to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and mix well
Apply on the affected area around the anus before going to bed
Do it daily.
Once the pinworms are gone continue to do it alternate days for two more weeks.
Mix a few drops of clove oil to a teaspoon of coconut oil as recommended by the manufacturer if clove essential oil.
Do it until pinworms are completely wiped out.
Following precautions will not only help to prevent pinworm.infections but also reduce the risks of spreading these contagious parasites.
- Treat the infection as soon as you become aware
- Use essential oils and other home remedies to treat them
- Maintain proper personal hygiene
- Avoid sharing,towels , cloths, bed sheets etc with the infected person.
- Wash your hands before eating any thing.
- Keep your fingernails clean always.
If essential oils and other home remedies don't resolve your out worm infection soon then contact healthcare professionals to treat it.