Incidences of grey hair in young people have increased significantly in the last decade. This kind of premature greying of hair generally occurs due to stresses, lack of enough sleep and malnutrition. Most people go for an easy solution of colouring their hair which leads to hair fall over a period of time.
You can actually make some lifestyle changes and use natural remedies to reverse and cure your grey hair. Blackstrap molasses is becoming a popular remedy for grey hair. Its use is not yet scientifically tested but lots of people who use it have found it beneficial.
Try it out if you have grey hair.
Table of Contents
- What is Blackstrap Molasses?
- How Does Blackstrap Molasses Reverse Grey Hair?
- How to Use Blackstrap Molasses for Grey Hair Treatment?
- Other Benefits of Blackstrap Molasses
- Side Effects of Blackstrap Molasses and Precautions
Blackstrap molasses is a byproduct of the cane sugar refining process.
It is also called as final molasses in the refinery terminology as it is the remains of maximum extraction of sugar.
Blackstrap molasses has a consistency of thick syrup. It tastes bitter sweet.
Blackstrap molasses is a good source of energy as it contains carbohydrates and sugar. It is low in fat and fiber.
It is rich rich in minerals and vitamins
It is also a good source of vitamin B6 (100 gm Blackstrap molasses contains 35% of your daily value). It also contains niacin, thiamine and riboflavin.
People have been using blackstrap molasses to reverse grey hair for a long time although no scientific studies have been done to prove or disprove its usefulness.
All evidence is anecdotal.
Blackstrap molasses is rich in trace metal copper which is important for hair development and growth. Copper is also useful in melanin production which is an important element to cause pigmentation and the skin and hair.
Some doctors believe that deficiency of copper is one of the main causes of premature greying of hair. Therefore a natural product like blackstrap molasses which is rich in copper helps in reversing grey hair.
Some studies have been done to establish links between use of Copper and hair loss. But there was no conclusive evidence proving that copper stops hair loss or changes colour.
More studies required on usefulness of Blackstrap molasses for grey hair treatment. More and more people are trying these natural remedies and are generally happy with them.
So, if you want to try it out for your grey hair then do it by all means. It is a healthy product anyway and if taken in right quantities you are not going to have any side effects. Even if it doesn't solve your grey hair problem it still will give you many health benefits as given below in one of the next few paragraphs.
With all its multiple health benefits and cost-effectiveness blackstrap molasses is an easy home remedy for your grey hair. It might take 3 to 6 months or even more to see the results therefore your commitment to stick on to it becomes the most important factor in its success.
Greying of hair is generally considered as a sign of maturity when it happens in your late 40s and 50s. But some people in their late 20s and early 30s are now getting grey hairs. This is premature greying of hair. They hate those hair and usually go for hair colors which generally damage their hair over a long period.
Blackstrap molasses is your natural remedy for treating and reversing grey hair. You can use it in the following three ways to get back your original color.
- Take one cup of slightly warm water
- Add one tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses and mix well
- Drink it first thing in the morning daily
- Increase the quantities gradually after a month to two cups of water and two tablespoons of Blackstrap molasses.
- Do it daily for 6 months to see visible difference in your grey hair
Orange juice or any other citrus fruit juice which is rich in vitamin C helps to strengthen your hair. In addition to that Blackstrap molasses also tastes better in orange juice.
Here is how to take it…
- Add 1 tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses to a glass of orange juice
- Mix well
- Drink it as first thing early in the morning daily
- Add one more tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses once you get used to of the taste and feel comfortable with it.
- Do it for six months and more
- Wash your hair with warm water and mild herbal shampoo
- Dab them dry with a cotton towel
- Apply Blackstrap molasses to the roots and hair strands
- Cover your hair with a shower cap
- Leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash and rinse with warm water and if it doesn't clear molasses from hair then use mild herbal shampoo.
Do it daily.
There are many other advantages of blackstrap molasses for regular use. some of the main advantages listed below.
- Speeds up healing process
- Maintains blood sugar levels
- Treats constipation
- Increases red blood cells
- Prevents fatigue and headache
- Maintains healthy bones
- Increases sexual health
- Helps in weight loss
- Treats rheumatism
- Prevents menstrual cramps
- Protects from cancer
- Combats stress
- Promotes skin health
There are no major side effects of blackstrap molasses.
Since it is rich in iron which is an advantage when taken in the right quantity but can cause constipation consumed in large quantities.
If you buy sulphate free organic blackstrap molasses then you are generally safe from.any other side effect.
You will see your grey hair getting back to normal colour in a few weeks time so have patience.
Blackstrap molasses is also available in capsule form. if you do not like the taste then use these capsules for your grey hair treatment.
If none of the above mentioned methods of using blackstrap molasses to reverse your grey hair work, then check with your doctor.