If you believe light colored lips add beauty to your face, then these home remedies will < strong > lighten your dark lips without any adverse effect on your skin. You don't have to buy expensive and harmful chemical products to achieve the objective of your lips looking lighter and luscious.
Your dark lips may be due to genetic reasons and if you believe lighter shade will look better on your face then you can use these natural ways to lighten them. On the other hand if your lips have become dark due to environmental reasons such as exposure to ultraviolet sun rays, allergies, smoking, caffeine, hormonal changes or aging , then also these remedies are better options over the commercially available chemical products.
Who doesn't want to look and feel good? Even if you do not believe too much in looks, you are still forced to change your mind due to peer pressure in today's materialistic society. So your desire to lighten your dark lips is perfectly understandable.
Here are 5 natural remedies that will lighten your dark lips:
Before you look into the external application of these remedies, it is important that you make some internal changes that improve your overall health. This has a significant bearing on your overall skin texture and the color of lips.
1. Healthy Daily Routine
If you can do the following regularly then you will see the lightening of your dark lips and improvement in overall skin texture of the body within a month.
- Eat a healthy diet. Make it a habit of eating balanced diet on time daily
- Sleep well of 7-8 hours on a scheduled time
- Exercise for 45 minutes
- Stop Smoking
- Reduce Alcohol consumption
- Stop Caffeine
These activities will improve your blood circulation and immunity resulting in better skin and lips.
Lemon tops the list of remedies to reduce dark spots in any part of your body including lips. Lemon has bleaching capabilities so it helps to lighten dark lips. You can apply lemon in two different ways
- Squeeze lemon juice in a crucible, dip a cotton ball in the lemon juice and apply on your lips
- Cut lemon in slices and directly rub the slices on your lips
- Wash your lips after 10-15 minutes with warm water and apply natural moisturizer.
You can do the above 2-3 times a day. However, when you apply lemon juice on your lips before going to the bed, do not wash your lips. Leave it overnight. You will see gradual improvement every week and within a month a noticeable difference will be visible.
Lemon may give you a sting. You can dilute the lemon juice if you can not bear the sting. Do not apply if you have an open wound or cut in the lips.
Honey is another good remedy to lighten your dark lips caused by environmental reasons. Honey is antibacterial so you can apply it and leave it there. The best time to apply honey is during bed time.
- Apply raw honey on your lips before going to the bed and leave it there overnight
- Add a few drops of lemon juice in honey and apply it on the lips before going to the bed and leave it overnight
Honey will not only lighten your dark lips but will also soften the lips and make them glow.
4. Sugar Scrub
The dead skin on lips makes them look uneven and dark. Sugar acts as a good scrub. As direct use of sugar as scrub is difficult. You can use a carrier like coconut oil.
- Add coconut oil and honey in equal quantities to fine granulated sugar to make a thick paste
- Add same amount of lemon juice as of coconut oil or honey to the mix
- Mix it well. Lemon Juice will make the paste thin so add more sugar.
- You can store this mix in an airtight container and keep it in frig for future use.
- Gently scrub your lips with the paste
Do it once everyday. Within a week all your dead skin would have gone and your lips will look lighter and brighter.
5. Beetroot Juice
Like lemon beetroot juice also has bleaching capabilities to lighten dark lips.
- Apply beetroot juice on your lips before going to the bed
- Leave it overnight
- Wash it in the morning with warm water.
You can also mix pomegranate juice and or carrot juice to beetroot juice to get a little better impact to lighten your dark lips.
If you do not use any chemical products and keep your lips well nourished from inside the body and by external application of natural products then you will have a long term solution to lighten your dark lips . This will help you to also maintain a glowing skin.