We all are spending disproportionate time in front of digital media such as mobile phones, computers and TV as compared to what we used to spend in the beginning of the new millennium. This has increase vision related problems.
We will be looking at some home remedies which can improve eyesight fast and help you to increase possibilities to get rid of the glasses.
Proper care of eyes should be your one of the most important daily tasks. If you can't enjoy seeing the beautiful things around you, you lose the charm of living.
Your eyesight is your best gift by nature, protect them by taking care of them. If you already have damaged them, do everything possible to improve your eyesight.
Following home remedies will help you to achieve your goal of improving eyesight:
1. Reduce eye Strain
Constantly looking at television and computer screens put extra strain on your eye muscles and nerves. Constantly flickering back light of these digital screens strain the eyes which were not designed for such rapidly changing speed of light emissions.
If you have to work on the computer or watch TV then take at least 5 minutes of rest every 30 minutes of watching.
- Readjust your focus to a distant object. Look far and look at distant objects. This will reduce the strain on the iris.
- Wash your eyes with cool water before resuming work on your computer after every 30 minutes. This will significantly reduce the strain on the muscles and the nerves.
- Gently massage your eyes by closing them and massaging with your palms.
- Exercise your eyes by rotating your both eyeballs in a circular direction or sideways direction
- Give some rest to your eyes by lying down and closing your eyes
- remain moisture of the eyes by blinking them intermittently when you are working on the computers
2. Eat Dry Fruits and Nuts
Dry fruits such as almonds, raisins and figs are good remedies to improve your eyesight.
- soak a handful of almonds, figs and raisin in equal quantities in a bowl of water overnight
- eat them in the morning empty stomach daily
The high fiber and vitamins contents in these fruits helps improve the digestive processes. More toxins are removed from the body as a result of better digestion which helps better nutrient circulation to the eyes.
3. Spinach and Other Green Leafy Vegetables
Leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale and other dark leafy greens are rich in antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants also resides in the macula- a part of the retina. It acts as a natural shield to the eye from damaging light. Both these antioxidants (Lutein and zeaxanthin) absorb ultraviolet light, which is harmful to the retina.
Other foods rich in lutein are Turnip and collard greens, Romaine lettuce, Broccoli, Zucchini, Brussels sprouts and Peas. Make the part of your daily diet.
The function of these nutrients is for the eye to detect contrast better. The absorption of these antioxidants from the leafy vegetable increases if the leafy vegetables are eaten with olive oil. It will improve you vision and maintain a long term healthy vision of the eyesight.
4. Egg Yolk
Each egg yolk contains about 0.25 mg of lutein and equal amount of zeaxanthin. This form of lutein gets very easily absorbed. Eating raw will be much better than the cooked one. Researchers have also found that the egg yolks are the best sources of absorb-able lutein and zeaxanthin. So add egg yolk in your daily diet.
Tomatoes are rich in carotenoids and lycopene explaining their vibrant red color. Tomatoes are also an excellent source of vitamin C
Lycopene is also present in ocular tissues. It helps prevent light-induced damage to the retina and other areas of the eye. Eat tomatoes with olive oil for the lycopene to easily get absorbed.
In fact if you make a salad containing green leafy vegetables and tomatoes dressed with virgin olive oil and eat it daily you will do a lot of favor to improve your eyesight.