No one likes any blemishes on their face, but with the lapse of time and exposure to harsh environment your facial skin may get damaged. Dark circles under the eyes is one such symptom of skin deterioration.
Dark circles can appear at any age but usually it is a sign of old age. The dark circles under the eyes make you look older than your age. This doesn’t suit many people as they want to look younger.
The condition is genetic, but lifestyle also is a major contributor to the early onset of dark circles. Physical and mental stress, inadequate sleep, are some of the prominent causes of dark circles along with other habits of improper diet, excessive smoking, and environmental pollution. Sometimes allergies can also cause dark circles.
In order to get rid of dark circles, some people apply cosmetic creams which hide them. They certainly do their job to make you look better. Though you may look better by applying these creams, you are exposing your sensitive skin to chemicals which in long term may produce adverse side effects.
The darkening of the skin under your eyes, which is mainly caused by the thinning of capillary walls that are unable to flush out the waste out of the body, gets more impacted by these chemicals. The skin becomes black because of blocked blood circulation.
There are many home remedies for dark circles that can do a much better job without exposing you to the dangerous chemicals.
Cucumber is a very potent remedy for dark circles. It acts as an astringent, helps increase blood flow which helps the skin around the eyes to get proper oxygen supply due to increased blood reaching there.
Take a fresh cucumber. Clean it and keep it in deep freezer for 30 minutes. Take I out when chilled.
Now prepare it for your dark circles as under:
- Cut thick slices
- Keep your eyes closed and place one thick slice each on both eyes.
- Put a fresh clean towel on you face and gently press on both slices by your palms.
- After every 60-90 seconds change the slices.
- Do it for a total of 5 minutes, which means you will require 10 cucumber slices
Do this every day twice. Gradually your dark circles will begin to fade. In a couple of months skin under your eyes will almost match the rest of the skin of your face.
Cucumber not only fades your dark circles, but it also provides relaxation to your eyes.
Potato juice has natural mild bleaching properties. Potato can be used in two different ways to fade your dark circles. One method is slower and the other produces relatively faster results on fading dark circles.
You can use potato in almost the same way as the cucumber. Chill a large washed and cleaned potato for 60 minutes in deep freezer. Cut thick slices and place one slice each on both eyes, and then follow the same procedure as in the case of cucumber. You will need about 10 slices each time. Do it twice a day for 60 days to fade your dark circles.
Another method to use potato for dark circles requires some extra work.
Wash clean and dry two medium size potatoes. Chill them in deep freezer for 60 minutes. Take out the potatoes from the chiller and extract the juice as under.
- Grate both potatoes in a bowl
- Put the grated potatoes in a fine meshed strainer and squeeze the juice out in another bowl
- Dip a cotton ball in the juice and place it on one of the eyes. Keep the eyelid close while place the cotton ball
- Place another potato juice cotton ball on the other eye with closed lid.
- Leave it there for 15 minutes.
- Make sure that the entire dark circle area and your eyelids are covered by potato dipped cotton balls.
Do the above twice a day and within the next 30 days you will notice a significant reduction in the dark circles. It is possible to completely get rid of those dark circles if you are young and the rest of your facial skin still has strong elasticity.
Almond and almond oils both are useful to soften the dark circles around the eyes. You can wash clean and dry your face before applying almond oil. Do it twice a day for 60 days. In fact almond with nutrients not only nourishes your skin but also maintains balanced moisture in the skin. Moisturized skin itself will be very powerful in lightening the dark circles.
Other use of almond with milk.
- Soak 4 almonds in 50 ml of milk overnight.
- Peel the skin in the morning and make a paste of white almonds core in 20 ml of milk
- Throw the balance 30 ml milk
- Wash and clean your entire face with warm water and dry your face with a towel.
- Apply the almond paste on both the dark circles around your eyes as well as on the closed eyelids.
- Leave it there for 15-30 minutes and again wash and clean your face with warm water
- Do it twice a day.
You will significant lightening of dark circles with the first 30 days.
There are many other oils and natural gels which can provide lightening of dark circles. These include Aloe Vera extract and glycerin are very helpful to give new life to the damaged skin by bringing the softness to it.
Vitamin K is vital to strengthen your tires blood vessels and capillary walls. Vitamin k cream dark circles can be very useful.
Healthy diet is also very important not only to remove dark circles under the eyes but also to the entire body skin and overall well-being.You certainly can reduce your mental and physical stress and exposure to outside activities.
Use sun glasses and sun protection when required.
Change your late sleeping habits to sleep early and rise early. A combination of lifestyle changes and a good eye cream will help remove dark circles under the eyes.