Chalazions do not pose any serious threat to your vision. They get healed within 2-8 weeks and if you use home remedies for eyelid cyst , then they can disappear faster.
Chalazion is an eyelid cyst that appears as a small lump under the skin of the eyelid. It looks similar to eye sty. Eyelid cyst can develop on lower or upper eyelid, when oil-producing meibomian gland is blocked. It is more common among adults than among children and is not contagious.
In size, Chalazion is usually bigger than sty and is less painful. It is a hard lump with swelling spread around the eye which can get irritated, become red and occasionally painful.
If you have naturally thicker Meibomian gland secretions or you regularly touch your eyelids with dirty and unhygienic hands then you are more likely to suffer from eyelid cyst.
5 Effective Home Remedies for Eyelid Cyst
Following are some of the more common remedies for chalazion:
1. Warm Compress
There is no comparison to warm compress in terms of healing abilities to remove eyelid cyst fast. Warm compress helps open up the gland and at the same time the increased blood circulation helps drainage of the gland.
- Moist a small clean washcloth in warm sterile water
- Remove the excess water from the washcloth
- Sleep on your back and keep your eyelids closed.
- Apply the warm moist cloth on your eyelid
- Keep it mildly pressed for 1-2 minutes until the warmness disappear.
- Remove the cloth and put another warm cloth in the same fashion. Repeat the process 4-5 times in one go. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a day for the next 2 weeks
The healing usually takes longer but warm compress will expedite healing of chalazion and you may see it disappearing in 2 weeks.
2. Guava Leaves
Guava leaves are anti-inflammatory. It helps to reduce pain and swelling. The process of application of guava leaves is similar to warm compress. So basically we are doing the warm compress with the help of guava leaves. This has become a very powerful remedy to heal the eyelid cyst fast. You will need 5-6 guava leaves at a time. If you do not have access to guava leaves on a daily basis for the next 2 weeks then you really can't use it., But if you can then this is the best remedy.
- Wash and clean 5-6 guava leaves in warm water.
- Keep these cleaned leaves in a pot of boiling water
- Take one leaf, remove the water from it with the help of a wash cloth and apply on the eyelid
- Keep it pressed with a dry washcloth
- Replace the leaf with another when the leaf cools down
It will take about 10-12 minutes for all the leaves. Do it 2-3 times a day. You will recover very fast from chalazion. it can be as fast as within the next 2 weeks.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera with its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial capabilities becomes a very effective remedy for eyelid cyst. This is easily accessible for most people. Fresh Aloe Vera gel is better than the commercially available, but both will do the job.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel Directly on the eyelid cyst by gentle massage
- Leave it there for30 minutes and wash your eyelids and face with warm water
- Do it 2-3 times a day
You will feel pain reduction. Swelling will subside and healing processes will be smooth.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used as a natural home remedy for many conditions. Sometimes it is applied externally and other times it is ingested.Apple Cider Vinegar is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic. It reduces pain and swelling and expedite healing of eyelid cyst.
- Add one teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- Remove the pot from the flame and and stir the mixture well
- Dip a cotton ball in the mixture
- Sleep on your back. Keep you eyelids closed and press the apple cider vinegar dipped cotton ball for 30 seconds
- Repeat it until the entire mixture of Apple cider vinegar and water is over
This must be done after any one of the above remedies applied. Wash your hands with clean warm water and dab them dry. Gently massage your eyelids with your fingers for 5 minutes. This will improve blood circulation and expedite healing.