Congestive heart failure or CHF is a very serious medical condition in which the heart's ability of pumping blood significantly reduces. Heart muscles become weak and major organs such as brain, lung, kidneys, lever and other parts get insufficient supply of blood.
CHF is the cumulative effect of many cardiovascular conditions. A prolonged high blood pressure condition for years, previous history of heart attacks, coronary heart diseases, heart valve disorders, chronic lung disease and diabetes are some of the major contributors to congestive heart failure.
Natural home remedies for CHF with better nutritional management and some lifestyle changes can stop the condition from worsening and gradually improving the quality of life and lifespan.
Lifestyle Changes for CHF management
When you have CHF your heart efficiency to pump blood goes down to dangerous levels of 10-15 % and in some severe cases even lower than that. This efficiency has to increase slowly with the medication and lifestyle changes.
- Stop Smoking - Smoking impacts your lungs and breathing and clog your arteries. Stop smoking immediately.
- Reduce Weight - More weight you have more of your heart to work hard which it cant due to CHF. So proactively work on reducing your weight and make sure that it does not increase after losing it.
- Eat Healthy - Eat more fruits and vegetables. Reduce the consumption of fats and refined carbohydrates. This will increase nutrients, vitamin and minerals require to repair the damaged heart muscle.
- Reduce Salt Intake - Sodium promotes water retention and increases blood pressure. Reduce you salt intake significantly.
- Sleep Well - A good night sleep will help you to repair your body faster and better.
- Reduce Stress - Do yoga and meditation to reduce stress. This will improve your overall well being and reduce pressure on the heart.
- Give up Alcohol - Alcohol creates dehydration and your fluid requirement increases. Your heart is weak. So reduce alcohol and replace it with healthy fruit juices that add vitamins and minerals in the body.
You have to realize that a very strict discipline is required to get out of the danger zone of this very serious condition called congestive heart failure. You are not dead and have got a second life. Get the best out of it. There is a history of people living up to-80-90 years of age who got their CHF in their 50s or 6os. So you see do not declare yourself dead by any logic. Just do the right things and enjoy life and prolong it by sticking to the above.
Also consider taking vaccination shots for Influenza and Pneumonia. These two conditions can worsen your heart problems so taking vaccination significantly reduces the possibilities of worsening CHF. Check with your doctor and take the shots under guidance and supervision of a doctor.
In addition to the above there are many other measures you can take that will improve your blood pumping rate. Some of them are listed below:
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) is one of the causes of CHF. Get Thiamine supplement under doctors guidance
2. Vitamin E
This antioxidant is good to repair heart muscles. It must be taken under doctors supervision and doses must be monitored and gradually increased to get the best results.
3. Vitamin C
Vitamin C gives energy as well as strengthens the weak muscles. Eat vitamin C rich fruits and vegetables.
Selenium, Magnesium and Potassium are important minerals that are important for your heart health. Eat fruits and vegetables rich in these minerals as well as take supplements as recommended by the doctor.
5. Other Supplements
Various studies have shown that COENZYME Q-10, FOXGLOVE, HAWTHORN, L-CARNITINE, PROPIONYL-L-CARNITINE, TAURINE, TERMINALIA have been found useful in improving heart condition of CHF patients. Check with your doctor and take it.
It is very important to follow discipline and continuously monitor your health. You will be happy with your recovery and lead a good quality of life.