When white flakes on your pillow in the bed sheet or even on your shirt then you know it is dandruff. It is not a very good feeling. You may feel embarrassed when people notice your dandruff.
There's no need to panic your best home remedy for dandruff is in your kitchen. Yes it is baking soda, which is usually available in every kitchen. If not, then you can buy it easily from your nearest grocery shop.
Baking soda is not only a powerful and effective way of getting rid of your dandruff but it also helps up to treat many other skin conditions such as dermatitis eczema and psoriasis. In fact dandruff is caused by seborrheic dermatitis.
You can use baking soda on its own to treat your dandruff or in combination with other kitchen ingredients to boost the healing power.
The best part of the treatment of dandruff with baking soda is that it is the least expensive method. Other methods including dandruff shampoos and other topical treatments are expensive and less effective in most cases.
How Baking Soda Clears Dandruff?
Once you begin to use baking soda for dandruff treatment you will soon realize that it is very effective as well as very friendly with your hair.
It helps your scalp to become dandruff free in number of ways some of them are given under:
- Removed fungal infection due to its antiseptic capabilities.
- Removes excess sebum in the scalp making your hair less greasy and oily.
- Balances the pH of the scalp and retards the oil production
How to Use Baking Soda for Dandruff Removal
You can use baking soda in a different combination with other natural ingredients from the kitchen to clear dandruff from your scalp.
1. Baking Soda and Water
The simplest and most effective way of using baking soda on your scalp is to use it with just warm water. It becomes less complicated as there are just two ingredients required.
Here is how to use baking soda to treat dandruff. The process is simple.
- Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda to warm water to prepare baking soda solution
- Mix well
- Massage the scalp with the baking soda solution. Ensure that the entire scalp is massaged with the solution
- Leave it for 5 minutes
- Use mild natural herbal shampoo to wash your hair.
- Do it every time you wash your hair.
Within a couple of days of use of baking soda on your scalp, you will begin to notice the reduction in white flakes of dandruff. Continue using it for 2 weeks to see dandruff completely cleared.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking Soda
Using apple cider vinegar with baking soda provides additional benefit of ph balance of the scalp. While baking soda does its job to remove dandruff, apple cider vinegar also kills bacteria in the scalp.
- Take a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl
- Add one and half tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it well.
- Apply on the scalp by massaging for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse your hair with water
Do it twice a week. Your dandruff should disappear completely within the next 2-4 weeks.
3. Ginger and Baking Soda
Ginger juice stops the growth of yeast if any on the scalp. While baking soda removes the dandruff ginger will clear the yeast resulting in stop itching.
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda to one teaspoon of ginger juice. You can add some water if ginger juice feels too concentrated.
- Mix well and apply on the scalp my massaging for 5 minutes.
- Wash your hair and scalp with warm water.
Do it 2 times a week to get fast dandruff removal.
3. Lemon And Baking Soda
Lemon juice with its natural astringent capabilities kills the fungus if any on the scalp. Baking soda will remove the dandruff. Application of lemon juice and baking soda is very similar to the apple cider vinegar and lemon juice application.
- Pour a tablespoon of baking soda in a bowel Add one and half tablespoons of lemon juice and mix it well.to form a thin paste
- Massage the mixture on the scalp for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse your hair with water
Apply it 2 times per week. You will see immediate reduction in dandruff after the first application and within the next 2-3 weeks your dandruff should disappear.
5. Olive Oil And Baking Soda
Olive oil moisturizes your scalp to get rid of the itching and baking soda works on the dandruff. So, the combination not only removes the white flakes of dandruff but also stops the itching.
- Warm up slightly a tablespoon of olive oil
- Add one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it well to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the scalp and leave it for 15-30 minutes
- Rinse your hair with warm water.
You can apply the pack of olive oil and baking soda 2 times a week for best results.
6. Coconut Oil And Baking Soda
Coconut oil helps to reduce dryness of the scalp resulting in the reduction of itching. Baking soda removes the dandruff.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to one tablespoon of baking soda
- Mix them well to make a paste
- Apply this paste on your scalp and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with warm water.
This mask also should be used 2 times a week for good results.
7. Tea Tree Oil and Baking Soda
Tea tree oil is a potent antifungal and antibacterial oil. It is very concentrated so only a few drops are enough.
- Take one tablespoon of baking soda
- Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil
- Add 50ml of water
- Mix all well and apply on your scalp by massaging it. leave it on the scalp for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it with warm water.
Its use twice a week will produce desired results of getting rid of dandruff.
So, if you have dandruff, rush to your kitchen cabinets to locate baking soda.