Warts are not only ugly and unsightly growth on your body but they can also be very painful.
They generally appear on hands and feet but can spread to any parts of your body. They are sometimes annoying as in case of a cluster of planters warts on your feet can make walking impossible.
So, you must treat them as soon as they begin to form. You can get rid of warts with oregano oil effectively. You don't have to go for harsh chemical based medicines.
Table of Contents
- Can Oregano Oil Remove Warts?
- How to Use Oregano Oil for Warts?
- Other Benefits of Oregano OIl
- Other Tips and Precautions
Yes, oregano oil can remove warts. It has been used for wart removal for centuries.
Oregano oil is extracted from leaves and flowers of a perennial herb oregano (origanum vulgare) from the mint family.
Oregano oil is antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal. It's main active compounds are thymol, carvacrol and terpenes. Carvacrol is the most powerful compound that carries the maximum health benefits.
Scientists have found oregano oil useful to fight tough MRSA infection (1). It is also a popular remedy for wart removal.
Wart is a small hard growth on your skin caused by a virus. There are different types of warts caused at different places on your body. Oregano oil works for almost all kinds of warts.
The wart is caused by direct contact with human papillomavirus (HPV) which has more than 100 different varieties. Warts are contagious. They can be formed on your body when your immunity is low for whatever reasons.
There are many types of warts including the most prominent like common warts, flat warts, pigmented warts and planters warts. Irrespective of the type of wart oregano oil works well in most cases.
Most warts disappear in a 1-5 years time frame without any Treatment. Obviously you don't want to keep these ugly bumps on your body for that long.
Home remedies like oregano oil help to get rid of them in a few weeks. Oregano essential oil is generally strong and can sting. If you can't handle that then dilute it with a carrier oil like jojoba oil or coconut oil.
Since warts are hard, you can try direct undiluted oil or start diluted oregano oil first and then gradually reduce dilution within the next few days. We need strong concentration so try with a 1:4 ratio of oregano oil and carrier oil.
- Clean the wart and skin around it with antiseptic
- Apply diluted oregano oil on warts with the help of a cotton ball or q-tip
- Leave it
- Do it 3-4 time a day
Gradually reduce the dilution by reducing carrier oil.
- Crush a clove of garlic and extract its juice by squeezing. You will get about 5-10 drops
- Add 5 drops of oregano oil and 20 drops of jojoba oil and mix well. This is sufficient for 4 applications on a single wart for the day.
- clean the wart and skin with antiseptic
- Apply the mix with qtip 4 times a day.
The objective here to suffocate the virus of oxygen while treating with oregano oil
- Clean the wart and surrounding skin with antiseptic
- Apply diluted oregano oil by qtip
- Cover the Wart and surrounding skin with duct tape to make it airtight
- Open it after a week and clean with antiseptic
- Soak the wart in water for sometime li>
- rub with pumice stone or emery board
- Leave it open for a day
- Repeat the cycle for 2 -3 month
In addition to removing warts oregano oil is also useful for many other conditions
- Helps in weight loss
- Reduces skin irritation and rashes
- Good for cough, cold and flu
- Treats gastric ulcers
- Relieves allergy symptoms
- Treats toenail fungus
Oregano oil is generally very safe for use on your skin. In most cases you may require it to dilute with a carrier oil like jojoba, olive and coconut oil or with water.
- Don't ingest if you get a stomach upset. Most adults may find it easy to ingest but some may have stomach cramps.
- Avoid use of oregano oil on infants and children
- Don't ingest if you are pregnant as it can lead to miscarriage or premature childbirth.
- Cover the warts with waterproof plaster during swimming to avoid spreading the virus.
- Do not touch your own or other peoples warts
- Do not share towels, shoes, sox and gloves with anyone.
- Eat healthy balanced diet to keep your immunity high
Since warts are contagious it is better to treat them rather than keeping them on your body for them to die out themselves.