Who does not want a flawless and radiant skin?. Your facial skin is your silent expression that makes you look good or dull. Each color of skin has its own charm, particularly when it is glowing and radiant. Some people prefer to lighten their skin and there are ways in which you can achieve that objective.
Color of your skin is derived by a pigment called melanin produced by melanocytes skin cells. The production rate of melanin in your body decides the shade of your color. More melanin the melanocytes produces, darker the skin becomes.
Skin tones can also be darkened by sun exposure, pollution, hormonal imbalances, excessive use of cosmetics and aging. You can lighten your skin easily if the darkness has been contributed by the external factors.
5 Home Remedies to Lighten Your Skin Naturally
There are many chemical skin care products that lighten your skin, but are safe for long term? perhaps not. Why not then achieve the objective to lighten skin with natural products. These natural ingredients will not only lighten your skin but will nourish the skin to make it glowing.
Lemon tops the list of all the natural products to lighten skin. Lemon juice is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants which nourishes the skin to grow new skin cell growth. The glowing skin looks much lighter.
Lemon juice possesses natural astringent properties to tighten pores. This reduces sebum secretion which could have otherwise added acne or darken the skin temporarily. Due to its natural acidic nature, lemon juice also bleaches the skin
- Dilute lemon juice with equal amount of water. This will particularly help if your skin is sensitive
- Keep it there for 1-2 hours
- Apply Aloe Vera gel as lemon juice will make your skin dry
Do it 2-3 times a day for a week. Your skin will be nourished well. Look lighter and glowing.
Make sure that you do not have any open wounds on your skin. Lemon juice will irritate the wounds. You can delay application of lemon juice until the wounds are healed or apply lemon juice carefully to the normal skin and avoiding the wound.
Oranges do the same job as the lemon does to lighten the skin. It is also Vitamin C rich and possess bleaching capabilities. Orange juice is more gentle on the skin as compared to lemon juice. You do not have to dilute the orange juice for application on your skin
- Apply orange juice on your skin
- Keep it for 15 minutes to one hour
- Apply Aloe Vera gel to Keep the Skin moisturized
- Wash it clean with warm water
- Apply moisturizer
Yogurt contain lactic acid which also has the mild bleaching properties. Since it is a milk product it nourishes the skin. You can apply yogurt alone or with other natural products such as honey to get good results
- Apply plain yogurt on your skin
- Keep it there for 5-10 minutes and wash it with warm water
- Apply a natural moisturizer such as Aloe Vera gel
Another Method to lighten skin with yogurt
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey to half a cup of plain yogurt
- Apply on your skin and leave it for 15 minutes
- Wash it with warm water
- Apply a moisturizer
Make sure that you use plain yogurt, preferably made at home.
Papaya is a popular natural products used in many commercial skin care preparations. it is rich in Vitamin C and contains bleaching properties like all the other products mentioned above. You can use papaya in multiple ways to lighten your skin
- Eat 200gma of papaya pulp daily
- When you remove the skin of papaya to get the pulp, rub the inner side of the papaya skin to your skin for 5-10 minutes
- Wash your skin after 15 minutes with warm water
You can also apply papaya pulp and lemon juice mixture on your skin.
5. Gram Flour
Gram flour works in different ways then all the above products mentioned above to lighten skin. It removes the dirt and debris, excess sebum to keep your skin clear and radiant.
- Make a thick paste of gram flour with water
- Apply it on your face
- Keep it for 30 minutes until the gram flour become dry
- Wash with warm water
Eat healthy food, do regular exercises and apply above home remedies to lighten your skin.