There is no magical hair growth formula that works overnight to get those gorgeous hair you aspire to have. Your hair on the scalp takes time to grow. Have patience and do the right things and your hair will begin to grow faster and healthier.
Your hair generally grows between 6-12 mm per month. Learn to prevent thinning, stop excessive hair fall and use home remedies like cumin seeds and other for hair growth. All these measures taken together will give you the kind of hair you want to see on your head.
Table of Contents
- How Cumin Seeds Help to Grow Your Hair Fast
- 3 Ways to Use Cumin Seeds for Fast Hair Growth
- Side Effects of Cumin Seeds
- Other Tips and Precautions
Cumin seeds and Cumin seed oil extract contain a pack of nutrients that give hair growth and many other health benefits. The three main components of cumin seeds crystalline, nigellone and thymoquinone are responsible for majority health benefits including hair growth.
Other useful compounds of cumin seeds are arachidonic acid, myristic acid, oleic acid, palmitic acid, palmitoleic acid and stearic acid. In addition to this number of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and trace minerals like calcium, iron, copper, phosphorus and zinc which contribute to hair strength.
Cumin Seeds can make your hair long, healthy and shiney.
- Boil 1 tablespoon of black cumin seeds in ½ cup of water for 15 minutes and remove the pan from the heat.
- Let the water cool down to normal temperature.
- Strain the water and remove the leftover cooked cumin seeds
- Add 1 raw egg yolk and 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the strained water.
- Mix well to make a good hair mask
- Massage it in your hair and scalp
- Wear a swimming cap to cover your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes on your head.
- Rinse your hair with water
- Do it once every week.
Black Cummins or nigella sativa is widely used to prevent hair fall and baldness.
- Mix equal amount of black cumin seeds oil and Olive oil and fill it in a bottle.
- Apply the mix oil on the affected hair fall area and gently massage
- Do it daily
- Consume black cumin seed oil in the form of capsules daily for 2-3 months.
Both the external application of Cumin seed oil and its internal consumption rapidly arrests hair thinning and hair fall. Within 2-3 months you generally get your natural thick long hair back.
Dandruff plays a significant role in hair thinning and fall. Cumin seed oil can fix this problem.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Cumin seed extract oil
- Apply on scalp and massage for 5 minutes
- Let it sit for an hour
- Wash your hair and scalp with mild herbal shampoo
A study conducted by University of Rome in 2013 found that cumin seed oil treats telogen effluvium which is a scalp disorder causing hair thinning. The participants all women got good hair growth and thickening within 3 months of use. The growth continues even after 6 months.
The main components of black cumin seed oil thymoquinone, thymoquinone, thymol and thymohydroquinone work together to reduce inflammation, deal with fungal or bacterial problems, and heal the dandruff to stop hair fall and begin growth.
Cumin seeds are generally safe. They used for cooking and for many medicinal purposes including hair growth. Side Effects are still not known. However, you can take the following precautions to be on the safe side.
- Stay away from cumin seeds for medicinal use during pregnancy and breastfeeding although there is no evidence of any negative effects yet. This is only extra precaution due to lack of information.
- Watch out for hypoglycemia as cumin seeds lower blood sugar levels in some people.
- Avoid it during surgery as some people believe that interfering in blood sugar levels during surgery is not good.
Cumin seeds are excellent remedy for hair growth but you can get even better results if you take the following precautions.
- Eat nutritious food as malnutrition leads to hair thinning and hair fall
- Massage your scalp with coconut oil or other oil of your choice at least once a week to maintain good blood circulation and keep your scalp healthy.
- Don't tie your hair too tight as this may lead to hair thinning.
- Wash and clean your hair well after exposure to environmental pollution
- Maintain good hair care routine daily.