Varicose veins generally appearing on legs of some people are visible twisted and enlarged veins. They are also called spider veins and are blue or dark purple.
These varicose veins can appear anywhere in the body and are an indication of circulation problems. They may ache and standing in position the pain can become throabing to unbearable. You may get cramps also.
Generally home care works in mist cases. Tomatoes are good for varicose veins. This article dwells on its application and uses.
How tomatoes treat Varicose veins?
Varicose veins are twisted enlarged veins that are visible on the skin as blue or green veins. They may appear anywhere on the body but are generally seen on the legs. Constant sitting or standing for long periods weakens the veins and the valve that carries blood back towards the heart malfunctions causing the veins to get enlarged and twisted.
The varicose veins may or may not cause pain but they certainly affect aesthetics. They may also lead to other blood circulation problems.
In most cases home care works and in some severe cases extreme measures like surgery are used.
Wrapping tomato spices on the veins appears to work well for some people.
Tomato is full of antioxidants and its juice also acts as astringent. It also shrinks big pores. Tomato juice nourishes the cells and strengthens the skin.
Seeping of flavonoids and other nutrients through the skin and the bandage to hold tomatoes (see below how to use tomatoes for varicose veins) seems to work to remove varicose veins.
There are no scientific studies on the effectiveness of tomatoes on varicose veins. But this folk medicine is getting popular. Since there are no side effects, you may like to use it and check out the benefits yourself.
Stop it's use if you don't like it or it doesn't suit your skin.
3 ways to Cure Varicose Veins with Tomatoes
In all 3 methods you are going to hold tomato slices with a gauze or bandage. You can use green or red tomatoes interchangeably in all the cases.
Remove the bandage and tomatoes if you don't feel comfortable at any time
1. Green Tomatoes
What you need:
- 1 medium size green tomato
- Clean and cut the tomato in 5 slices
- Put these slices on varicose veins
- Cut more slices if you'd varicose veins are spread in larger area
- Cover with a gauze or bandage to hold the slices in place
- Keep it for 2 hours
- Remove it after two hours wash and clean the area and apply the new green tomato slices after 5-10 minutes
- Do it 3-4 times daily for the next 15 days
You would have got rid of this ugly varicose veins.
2. Red Tomatoes
What you need:
- 1 medium size red tomato
- Cut 5 slices and do everything as explained above in green tomato
- Remove the bandage after 45 minutes instead of 2 hours
- Clean the skin area with warm water and dab it dry
- Massage with olive oil
- Do it 3-4 times daily for 15 days.
3. Green Tomatoes and Apple Cider Vinegar
This method requires preparations in advance.
What you need:
- 1 glass jar
- 3 Medium size firm green tomatoes
- I cup organic apple cider vinegar
- Cut each tomato horizontally into 5 round slices
- Put the slices of red tomatoes in the glass jar
- Pour 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in the jar
- Seal the jar and keep it in a cool dark place for 48 hours. This supply will last 3 times in one day
- Preparer the same green tomato apple cider vinegar mix everyday for 2 weeks so that you can use them everyday after first 48 hours.
- Remove a slice from the jar and apply on the varicose veins. Put other sites to cover the entire area if varicose veins
- Cover with a gauze or surgical bandage around your leg to hold slices in place
- Keep it for 30-60 minutes and remove the bandage to remove slices
- Wash and clean the skin with warm water
- Do it 3 times daily for 2 weeks
Other Tips and Precautions
Following will help you in reducing your varicose veins:
- Reduce your weight
- Eat healthy foods including nuts, fishes, legumes and leafy vegetables
- Avoid high heels
- Exercise in the morning
- Elevate your legs while sleeping
- Avoid sitting or standing for long
- Wear compression stockings
- Massage your legs
- Keep moving
All it requires you is to stop leading a sedentary life, eat healthy and exercise to improve circulation to get rid of Varicose veins.