High blood pressure or hypertension is becoming a major health problem around the globe. Modern lifestyle is one of the biggest causes of these rising blood pressure patients.
Eating and sleeping disorders and rising stresses have become part of city life everywhere leading to all kinds of health problems affecting the entire body and mind. High blood pressure is one of the early warning signs of your deteriorating health condition. Control it as soon as you realize it. Changing lifestyle and some natural remedies like cayenne pepper can control your blood pressure and bring it back to normal.
Table of Contents
- How does Cayenne Pepper Reduce High Blood Pressure?
- 3 Ways to Use Cayenne Pepper to Control High Blood Pressure
- Risks of Using Cayenne Pepper
- Other Tips and Precautions
Cayenne pepper also known as red Chili is a pungent hot spice grown in tropical climates. It not only adds hit punch to the cooking but also offers multiple health benefits. Some of them are as under
- Provide joint pain relief
- Helps in weight loss
- Clear ear infections
- Manages psoriasis
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improve heart condition
This compound called capsaicin in cayenne pepper provides all these health benefits including lowering your blood pressure.
That essentials have also found strong evidence of cayenne pepper’s ability to control high blood pressure. According to a study done on rats to see long term impact of capsaicin and published in the August 2010 issue of Cell Metabolism, capsaicin found in cayenne pepper relaxes blood vessels reducing hypertension.
Many other short-term studies have also established a close link between use of cayenne pepper and its ability to control high blood pressure.
So if you are ready to control your high blood pressure with cayenne pepper, then you have many ways to use it.
You can take cayenne pepper in many different ways to control your high blood pressure. Following are 3 good ways to consume it.
- Take a glass of warm water
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix well and drink
- Do it daily.
If you begin to see good results within a month then increase the quantity of cayenne powder.
- Peel and chop into pieces of ripe pineapple - about 2 cups
- Toss into a mixer blender
- Churn the blender to make juice
- Strain the juice
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Mix well and drink
- Drink it daily
You can increase the quantity of cayenne pepper powder to 1 teaspoon. Pineapple juice alone also helps lowering blood pressure.
- Peel two clove of garlic (garlic also helps lower bp)
- Chop 2 medium size cayenne pepper
- Toss them into a small blender
- Churn the blender to make paste
- Spread this paste on a toast or any other food item
- Eat and enjoy.
Getting used to cayenne pepper is not easy. If you find it difficult then start with lower quantities, get used to and then increase quantities.
In addition to the above methods, you can add cayenne pepper in your cooking to get the same benefits of controlling high blood pressure.
Consuming too much chili can be hot and inconvenient. This stress can actually raise your blood pressure, so never over do it.
- Interferes with lots of different medications. so if ya taking medication then consult your daughter before starting cayenne pepper as a remedy.
- Too hot to eat for some people, so be careful.
- Passes into your milk, so do not take it if you are breastfeeding.
- Induces itching, thirst and redness if too much quantity is consumed
- Causes bleeding if you are already taking blood thinners
High blood pressure is an indication that you need to fix your lifestyle. Take following precautions
- Concentrate on having a good night sleep every day
- Do a little exercise everyday. Walking for 45 minutes is good enough to start with.
- Learn to control stresses. deep breathing and playing sports of your choice helps a lot in managing stress
- Eat healthy food.
- Avoid junk food such as sodas which have high sodium.
- it more fruits and vegetables particularly those with high potassium content.
- Take home remedies like cayenne pepper and others before starting lifelong medicines
Consult a doctor if your high blood pressure is not controlled by cayenne pepper or any other home remedies.