Most stomach ulcers occur on the top right side of your abdomen. They are the open sores in the lining of the intestine. The excess acid in the stomach and a bacterium h.pylori are the main causes of all gastric, peptic and duodenal ulcers.
Overuse of painkillers, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) also increase acids in the intestine leading to ulcers.
Medical treatment of stomach ulcers requires medicines to block stomach acids. Some natural remedies like cabbage juice do a better job of neutralizing those acids better than the medicines.
We will discuss the use of cabbage in different forms to treat all different types of stomach ulcers.
Table of Contents
- How Cabbage Treats Stomach Ulcers?
- How to Use Cabbage for Ulcers?
- Other Ulcer Natural Remedies
- Other Tips and Precautions
A special chemical compound in cabbage is responsible for healing of stomach ulcers fast. But, before that lets us just understand the ulcers.
Incidences of stomach ulcers are increasing over decades due to lifestyle. Complications caused by them have also increased.
When you look at the main causes of gastric, peptic and duodenal ulcers you will generally focus your attention to the following:
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Emotional stresses
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID)
- Low aspirin doses
- Other psychological factors
The treatment and management of stomach ulcers in the past few decades have undergone major changes.
With the advent of Vitamin U (S-Methylmethionine) found in abundance in cabbage juice stomach ulcers can now be effectively healed naturally. Various studies have found it as fast acting remedy for ulcers. (1)
Some of us can easily develop a liking for chewing raw cabbage. If you do that then this is one the best methods to treat stomach ulcers.
- Chop cabbage in small pieces in a salad bowl
- Add some red grapes and kale if you prefer
- Eat this salad twice daily
- Be creative in your salad making to include food items that help heal ulcers
- Cabbage alone is still the best option if you develop the taste for it
You can boil the cabbage with garlic to cure stomach ulcers. Some studies(2) have found use of cabbage and garlic extract useful in reducing length of ulcers.
- Chop 250 gm of cabbage
- Grate or mince 2 cloves of garlic fine
- Bring 500ml of water to boil
- Toss chopped cabbage and grated or minced garlic in the boiling water
- Steep it for 20 minutes
- Blend it in blender to make soup or
- Strain the water with cheesecloth and drink
- Add a teaspoon of honey if you prefer as honey adds to taste as well as it is also good for ulcers
- Chop 250 gm green cabbage
- Chop 4 kale leaves
- Toss all the items in a blender
- Add 250ml water
- Blend well
- Strain with a fine strainer
- Grate 1 inch washed and cleaned ginger and extract juice
- Add ginger juice to the strained cabbage juice
Drink this juice twice daily to heal your ulcer. It might take 10-45 days.
- BRAT diet
- Chili peppers
- Aloe Vera
In addition to these, all food items with flavonoids such as soybeans, legumes, kale,and broccoli, apples and berries are also good to naturally treat stomach ulcers.
In order to prevent and stopping growth of ulcers take the following precautions
- Limit use of caffeinated drinks
- Avoid carbonated drinks
- Stop eating processed foods
- Curtail salt intake
- Give up on deep fried foods
- Eat slowly and avoid overeating
- Eat small portions many times instead of overstuffing in lunch and dinners
Bottomline is stomach ulcers are ordcentable. Change your lifestyle and emotional health.
If you begin to get symptoms then use cabbage and other natural products to heal them. Keep your doctor in the loop to ensure proper monitoring.