Several factors in combination can cause kidney stones in susceptible people. When the constituents of the urine get out of balance, crystals are formed due to the precipitation of dietary minerals in the urine.
These crystals can stick together in the kidney forming stones.
These stones may contain calcium, oxalate, and uric acid. Once you know the type of your kidney stone, its treatment is done accordingly.
Occasionally, a kidney stone may remain in the kidney and grow. It may be painful when it is dislodged and moved. This may scar and damage the kidney.
Most kidney stones can be removed at home by dietary changes and by using natural remedies. Stones that may grow bigger than pea size may require medical intervention.
Try following natural home remedies that will help to get rid of kidney stones:
1- Drink Lots of Water
One of the best preventative measures for kidney stones is to drink a lot of water. Drinking a lot of water helps to increase the volume of urine which in turn helps to decrease the amount of buildup of stone-forming elements.
Sometimes when you have a small kidney stone or many small kidney stones, drinking a lot of water will help pass them easily over a period requiring no treatment at all
- Drink a glass of water every hour during the day. This means consuming 10-12 glasses of water. This will not only help in getting rid of kidney stones but will also improve your overall health.
- Drinking liquids such as fruit juices will also help.
- Don’t drink carbonated commercial drinks
Different types of stones can form in your kidneys. Asparagus is suitable for uric acid stones only. If you have any other types of stones avoid asparagus.
- Eat it raw with salads or cook it to eat. Steam cooking will spoil the beneficial elements so avoid steam cooking.
- Avoid Asparagus if you have any other types of kidney stones Asparagus is harmful to other stones, so it is very important for you to first find out which types of stones you have and then decide to use asparagus as a remedy for kidney stones or completely avoid it.
3- Watermelon and Seeds
Both watermelon and its seeds can be used as good natural cures for kidney stones, particularly for the uric acid type. Watermelon has a very high content of water. It acts as a diuretic.
- Eat 1 kg of watermelon daily to cleanse the kidneys. Potassium in the watermelon neutralizes uric acid crystals and helps pass kidney stones without pain. The benefits of eating begin to appear within a week or so and the elimination of stones can take 15-20 days.
- Eat it twice daily. Watermelon has no side effects therefore it can be considered one of the safest and tastiest natural methods of removal of kidney stones.
- Cut or grind one tablespoon of watermelon seeds and pour it into 1/2 liter of boiling water. Allow it to steep and let it cool. Strain and drink as Tea. Take it daily by preparing fresh tea as suggested above. Watermelon seeds are also very useful in easing out the stones from the kidney.
Basil is a preventative as well as a curative measure to get rid of kidney stones. It may take 6-8 months for Basil to produce results, so it is good for those people who may have genetic kidney stone problems. Daily consumption of Basil tea can prevent kidney stones.
- Take one teaspoon of basil juice and mix it with one teaspoon of honey and take it once daily for six months. This will gradually melt the stone and help the stone pass through the urinary tract.
- Eat raw basil leaves or add them to salads. To get fresh basil every day grow a couple of basil plants in your backyard.
Celery has antispasmodic properties; as a result, it also helps in pain relief. Regular intake of celery will reduce the formation of stones in people with family history and others with no such family history of stones will benefit by not having a stone ever.
- Make it a habit of eating salary with your food daily. it is a very popular content for salads. Add to your salad and other dishes
- Drink a glass of raw celery juice daily. Raw celery juice is a diuretic so it will flush water from the kidney which helps remove tiny stones if any and also avoids formation.
Grapes with high Potassium content have a very high diuretic value. This helps in melting the stone. All food containing high potassium is useful for the removal of kidney stones.
- Eat100 gram grapes daily for a couple of hours before food. Grapes like watermelon are high in water content and contain potassium which helps neutralize the uric acid that not only relieves the kidney stone pain but also helps pass the kidney stones smoothly by dissolving them.
- Drink grape juice twice a day, but eating raw grapes is more beneficial.
- Consume only organic grapes. Organic grapes are excellent whereas grapes produced traditionally contain lots of absorbed harmful chemicals that get inside due to pesticides sprays.
7- Lemon Juice
Drinking 50ml of lemon juice diluted with water every day raises citrate levels in the urine, which protects against calcium stones. The citric acid in lemons helps break down calcium-based kidney stones and stops further growth.
- Mix one teaspoon of lemon juice in one glass of water. Stir it well and drink. You can add honey for taste or
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil to one teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it well and slowly sip the mixture. You can follow it by drinking water. You can drink this mixture twice a day.
- Use the same mixture of lemon and olive oil as a salad dressing to consume it.
If the stone doesn't get dissolved and removed then you must take medical help.