If you live in an area infested with mosquitoes then you know how it feels when they try to develop an intimate relationship with you. Don't you just want to get rid of the mosquito bite itch immediately?
Even if you have an occasional encounter with some mosquitos you know that the small bite can produce annoying itch. You can get rid of the mosquito bite itch rushing to your kitchen and grab some home remedies from the cabinet.
Mosquitoes thrive on human and animal blood. You may not even notice when the mosquito bites you, but you will realize after a few hours or a day when your skin begins to itch and you see red bumps. Most of these mosquito bites are harmless but sometimes mosquitoes carry diseases, therefore it is very important to treat the mosquito bite immediately.
1. Ice to Get Instant Relief from Mosquito Bites
The very first thing you can lay your hands on to get rid of itching mosquito bites is ice. Ice reduces swelling and inflammation and gives you immediate relief by numbing the affected area.
Make sure that there is some separation between the ice and your skin. Long direct exposure to ice damages the skin.
- Put some ice in an ice bag and apply it on your skin mosquito bite. Do not keep the cold ice pack on your skin for more than 30 to 60 seconds at a stretch.
- Remove it for a few seconds and then apply it again
- Continue to do it 4 5 - 8 minutes.
You will get good relief almost immediately.
2. Baking soda to Soothe Mosquito Bite Itch
Baking soda on sodium bicarbonate is a very good remedy for mosquito bite. Baking soda is also anti-inflammatory therefore it will get rid of the itching feeling immediately.
Add a teaspoon of baking soda in a bowl and half a teaspoon of water to make a thick paste. If the past is not thick then add some more baking soda. Apply this baking soda paste on your mosquito bite affected skin area and keep it there for 10 minutes. Wash the area clean with cold water.
3. Lemon to Prevent Infection from Mosquito Bite
Lemon with its very good anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and anesthetic properties becomes a very good remedy to get relief from mosquito bites.
- Cut a lemon into a few thick slices
- Rub a slice on mosquito bite affected skin
- Bear the momentary sting that lemon juice immediately give.
This will not only reduce the itch but will also protect your skin from any infection.
4. Honey to Reduce Itch caused by Mosquito Bites
Honey with its antiinflammatory antibacterial properties is a very effective home remedy to deal with mosquito bite itch.
Apply honey on the mosquito bite affected area and get instant relief. Keep it there for 10 to 15 minutes and wash with cold water
5. Oatmeal for Lasting Relief from Mosquito Bite Itch
Oatmeal is one of the most effective home remedies for mosquito bites as well as for any other bug bites. It requires 3-4 hours of preparation before being useful, therefore use the other remedies given here as your first aid towards getting rid of itch caused by mosquito bites. Later on you can just stick to it for the rest of the mosquito bite itching time span.
- Soak 2-3 tablespoons of oatmeal in a bowl half full of water. Let the water quantity be much more than the oatmeal. Oatmeal will settle at the bottom.
- Take a tablespoon of stacked oatmeal and apply on the mosquito bite area and rub it.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes
- Clean the area with water.
You can use the rest of the oatmeal for further use. If the mosquito has bites are all over your body then take an oatmeal bath. Fill your bathtub with water. Add two cups of oatmeal. Soak yourself in the bathtub for 30 minutes and rub the oatmeal On your body.
All the above home remedies are very useful but if you notice and feel any infection, which is rare but can occur, then consult your doctor.