Apple cider vinegar is a versatile remedy for so many different health problems that it has become one of the most popular vinegar.
It reduces cholesterol, improves acne, helps in weight loss, lowers blood sugar to treat diabetes in addition to its uses in cooking and other household purposes.
You have to dilute Apple cider vinegar before use as it is highly acidic in its original concentrated form. It may erode your teeth enamel and burn your mouth and throat if used undiluted.
Dilution ratio depends on the concentration levels of the apple cider vinegar you buy and its applications. You can now get diluted ACV of some brands for specific uses.
Table of Contents
- What is Apple Cider Vinegar Good For?
- How to Dilute Apple Cider Vinegar?
- Other Tips and Precautions
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from Apple Cider by the process of fermentation. During this transformation it forms probiotics and enzymes and reduces sugar and calories and sugar as compared to apple cider or apple juice.
You should know the type of acv before use to get maximum mileage. Learn the following terms to choose the right apple cider vinegar for you.
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar - It means free of synthetic additives and genetically modified organisms
- Raw Apple Cider Vinegar - It means unheated and unfiltered with mother intact.
- Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar - It means mother is not filtered out.
Bragg's apple cider is one of the oldest brands that can give you all varieties of ACV.
Mother in apple cider vinegar means a group of proteins, enzymes and beneficial bacteria. This gives the apple cider vinegar a cloudy appearance. So if you see clear acv then it means the mother is removed during processing.
Its health benefits have been known for centuries but in recent years apple cider vinegar has become more popular. Some of its benefits are still anecdotal but many benefits have been scientifically proven as well.
Apple cider vinegar is used for both culinary and medicinal purposes and the sum of its uses and benefits are listed below.
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves circulation
- Lowers blood sugar and treats diabetes
- Helps in weight reduction
- Prevents Acid Reflux
- Improves skin condition
- Soothes sunburn
- Gives shine to hair
- Balances pH
- Relieves cold symptoms
- Treats warts
- Heals poison ivy rashes
- Fights fungus
- Kills many types of bacteria
Diluted apple cider vinegar can also treat mild acne. In addition it is also used as salad dressing and as disinfectant.
Though many of the above benefits have no scientific evidence, yet it is used as traditional medicine for those benefits like many other natural remedies.
- Take a glass full of water
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- Mix it well and drink it daily before going to bed
Organic raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is the most effective vinegar for health purpose.
- Take a glass of cranberry juice or grapefruit juice
- Take any other fruit juice if you prefer other juices, but do not use sugary canned juices as they defeat the purpose by being sugary and high calories.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar
Mix well and drink it daily
You can gradually increase the quantity of apple cider vinegar to 2 tablespoons once you devely the taste for it. Do not consume more than 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day.
- Take one glass water
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Add 1 tablespoon of organic raw unfiltered Apple cider vinegar
- Stir and mix well
- Drink it daily before going to the bed.
Diluted apple cider vinegar and honey is very effective in dealing with inflammations and digestive problems.
Apple cider vinegar in small doses is generally safe, however in large doses it has reported following side effects
- Gives nausea
- Decreases appetite
- Delays stomach emptying
- Bone loss due to low potassium
- Causes throat burn symptoms
- Erodes tooth enamel
- May burn skin
- Interacts with certain diabetic, diuretic and other medications
Bottomline is apple cider vinegar is beneficial to health when taken in small doses. Dilute it before use and do not consume more than 2 tablespoons (30ml) a day otherwise you may get side effects.