Dark circles under the eyes (black eyes) spoil your facial beauty. There are a number of ways to get rid of them, cucumber is one of the most widely used items to remove dark circles. It is the juice of cucumber that acts as astringent as well as antioxidant to lighten the skin by improving blood circulation.
Dark circles under the eyes is no longer an age related condition. More people are getting dark circles now than a decade ago due to overexposure of computer screens. So if you are a little more careful then you can stop these dark circles or at least delay their onset under your eyes.
No one wants to look older than one's own age. In fact people do their best to look younger than their age. That is why the cosmetic industry is mushrooming every year. Dark circles certainly appear as a sign of premature aging. So before we figure out the best ways to get rid of these dark circles, let us first understand what causes it.
Dark circles also known as black eyes are caused by numerous reasons. Aging is one of the most obvious causes, but the other causes have overtaken it. Lack of sleep ( even excess sleep) and excess alcohol consumption in addition to the newly emerging computer screen over exposure are some of the modern lifestyle related causes. Other causes include hereditary, allergies, eczema and stress.
How to Use Cucumber to get Rid of Dark Circles Effectively?
Cucumbers have been in use for a very long time to naturally get rid of dark circles and puffiness under the eyes. Antioxidants present in cucumbers such as cucurbitacins, vitexin, orientin and isoscoparin, along with vitamins C and k, help to reduce the inflammation that causes puffiness and dark circles. So, eat cucumber and apply under your eyes daily in one or more of the following ways:
1. Cucumber Slices
There is nothing that can give your eyes instant relaxation better than the cold cucumber slices. The relaxation part is provided by the coldness of the cucumber, but the cucumber itself helps remove the darkness under the eyes.
The antioxidants in the cucumber and the astringent effect of the cucumber juice help lightening the dark circles. The relaxed capillaries in the skin under the eyes also improve blood circulation revitalizing the skin. The combined effect is removal of dark circles under the eyes over a period of time.
- Keep a cucumber in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or more.
- Cut two thin slices
- Lie down in a comfortable position on your back in your bed
- Apply a cut slice of cold cucumber on each eye by closing the eyes
- Remove the slice every minute or two to replace by fresh cut slices
- Do it daily for 20 minutes before washing it off with water
Your dark circles will disappear within two weeks. If you have much darker skin around your eyes then use the cucumber juice in one of the following ways:
2. Cucumber Juice on Cotton Pads
You can use this method any time, but it is very useful when your dark circles are really dark to make your eyes look black.
- Extract juice of 2 mid size cucumbers in a blender or grate these cucumbers and squeeze the juice out from the grated pulp.
- Lie down on your back in the bed
- Dip a round cotton pad in the juice and apply the pad on one of your eye in the closed position
- Apply another pad on the other eye
- Leave it there for 5 minutes and replace both pads by another cucumber juice dipped cotton pads.
- Repeat the cycle 4 times to complete 20 minutes and wash it off with water
- Do it daily.
This will lighten your darkest dark circles within a month.
3. Direct Application of Cucumber Juice
In this method you simply apply cucumber juice directly on your dark circles under the eyes.
- Extract the juice of cold cucumber in your preferred way
- Apply the cucumber juice with the help of a Q-tip on your dark skin area under the eyes.
- Leave it for 20 minutes and wash it after 20 minutes.
Try any method of using cucumber on your dark circles and get rid of them to look younger again. In addition to this sleep well, do not over expose yourself to the computer screen. reduce your alcohol consumption.