Your gallbladder stores bile which breaks down fat from food during the digestion process. Bile also helps nutrient absorption from the bloodstream in the small intestine.
When gallbladder ducts are blocked by stones the bile builds up in gallbladder causing pain and infection that can lead to jaundice.
You can reduce gallbladder pain with the use of Apple cider vinegar (ACV).
It is still not clear whether apple cider vinegar can breakdown gallstones or not, but its pain relief capabilities and cholesterol neutralising capabilities can prevent stone formation in the gallbladder.
Table of Contents
- How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Help Gallbladder Pain?
- How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Gallbladder?
- Other Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Other Tips and Precautions
First of all it is important to understand that when we talk about therapeutic benefits we refer to raw cloudy apple cider vinegar with the mother. This is unrefined, unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV. Mother is a colony of beneficial bacteria that helps to manufacture vinegar.
The mother in ACV has many beneficial acids that provide health benefits.
Acidic acid in apple cider vinegar helps in controlling, blood sugar, lowering blood pressure and dissolving cholesterol that deposits on arteries.
According to various researches cholesterol can form bile stones in gallbladder. With the use of Apple cider vinegar with mother you can prevent such stone formation. It can perhaps dissolve the already formed stones in early stages but acetic acid is certainly not powerful enough to dissolve mist stones in the gallbladder.
The clean apple cider vinegar available in grocery stores is pasteurized, refined and filtered. It loses most nutrients and there it is not as helpful as apple cider vinegar with mother to get the health benefits.
You can use apple cider vinegar alone or with other natural remedies as under to stop and prevent gallbladder pain:
- Add two tablespoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar in a glass of water
- Mix well
- Drink it by slow sipping
This will help in which relief from gallbladder pain
- Add two tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar in a glass of fresh apple juice
- Mix well
You will get relief from gallbladder pain within 5-10 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice in warm water
- Add one tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar to it
- Mix well
- Drink early in the morning it when you get gallbladder pain
All three methods of consuming ACV will help as preventative methods to reduce possibilities of stone formation in the gallbladder. They will also help pain during gallbladder pain attack whenever that happens.
Apple cider vinegar with mother provides multiple. Health benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- Improves digestion
- Increases immunity
- Condition hair beautifully
- Keeps blood sugar in check
- Lowers blood pressure
- Dissolves cholesterol
Pain gallbladder is an early warning sign of an infection or gallstones. Therefore it is important to consult a doctor. Apple cider vinegar can give you temporary relief but whether it can give you long term benefits depends on the stage of infection and size of gallstones. ACV us more if a preventative remedy for gallbladder problems.
Take following precautions
- Consult your doctor and rule out any major infection or gallstones
- Explain that you want to tryout alternative medicine such as apple cider vinegar to treat the pain.Many doctors are open to such idea and will be happy to monitor and chip in if other medications or surgery required.
- Regular exercise can reduce cholesterol and relieve you from gallbladder pain
- Reduce refined carbs and sugars in your daily diet. Fiber rich diet prevent gallbladder stones
- Apply hot compress to get instant pain relief
- Checkout for magnesium deficiency as it increases risks if stone formation in your gallbladder.
Bottomline is that apple cider vinegar with mother can certainly give you temporary relief from your gallbladder pain but it also prevents stone formation. There is no scientific evidence that ACV can dissolve gallstones.