Uterine fibroids are non cancerous growth in or on the uterus. Also known as benign tumors, uterine leiomyomas and myomas, they generally develop during puberty years. Some of these fibroids can be so tiny that the naked eyes can't see them. But, some others can even grow to the size that can enlarge the uterus.
Most fibroids do not produce any symptoms. They are discovered accidentally during an ultrasound or a pelvic exam. There may be just one or multiple fibroids.
Blackstrap molasses has been in use in shrinking fibroids as a home remedy for a long time now. But, there is no scientific research available on its usefulness or otherwise yet. Taking blackstrap molasses is generally healthy so there seems to be no harm in trying it out under supervision of a doctor.
Table of Contents
- How Blackstrap Molasses Treats Fibroids?
- How to Use Blackstrap Molasses for Shrinking Fibroids?
- Additional Health Benefits of Blackstrap Molasses
- Other Tips and Precautions
Let us first understand what these fibroids are ?
Fibroids (leiomyoma or myoma) are muscular tumors of varying sizes on the walls of the uterus. It can just be a single or multiple fibroids.
They are common among the women above the age of 30 and most common between the ages of 40s and 50s.
All women with fibroids may not have symptoms but those who have symptoms really suffer.
Common symptoms of uterine fibroids
- Painful periods
- Heavy bleeding leading to anemia in some cases
- Frequent urination
- Lower back pain
- Pain during sex
- Enlargement of lower abdomen
- Infertility in some rare cases
- Complications in pregnancy
- Labor problems increases risk of cesarean section for child birth
What causes fibroids is still a mystery for scientists. There is some statistical evidence that genetics play a role as well as hormonal changes can cause fibroids.
They grow during pregnancy when hormone levels of estrogen and progesterone are high. These fibroids stop growing when women reach menopause.
Since it is not clear as to what causes it is also difficult to assess what can grow or shrink them.
Almost all kinds of medical treatments offer only temporary relief. They don't grow during medication but once medication is stopped they begin to grow.
Another option is surgery and your doctor is the best guide.
Our objective in this article is to use home remedy like blackstrap molasses to get relief. Even if you decide to take it for your fibroids then do it under the supervision of a doctor.
It is believed that high iron content and other minerals create an alkaline condition in the body which counters the acidity that might be creating the conditions for fibroids to grow.
You should take this logic with a pinch of salt as this is just a belief by proponents of alternative medication. It is not supported by any scientific evidence or research so far.
If your fibroids are too big and cause excessive bleeding then blackstrap molasses may or may not help in shrinking but will certainly protect you from being anemic quickly.
Blackstrap molasses is a nutrient rich natural foods item. Try it out for your fibroids but keep your doctor in the loop to ensure that you get help if required.
You can use blackstrap molasses in a number of different ways to shrink fibroids. 3 popular methods are given below:
This is one of the easiest ways to consume Blackstrap molasses and develop a taste for it.
- Prepare a smoothies of your choice
- Add one tablespoon of Blackstrap molasses
- Mix well and drink
You can add it to any other food item. Experiment and enjoy.
Apple cider vinegar also creates an alkaline condition in the body. It is also a good home remedy for fibroids.
- Fill a glass with slightly warm water to ¾ level
- Add one tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar with mother
- Add one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses
- Mix well
- Drink and enjoy
- Do it daily
Both lemon and ginger are also good for shrinking fibroids. Make a concoction as under:
- Squeeze juice of one lemon
- Extract juice of 1 inch of ginger root by grating and straining
- Fill a glass of water to the 3/4 level
- Add the lemon and ginger juices
- Add 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses
- Mix well
- Drink and enjoy
- Do it twice daily
- Protects against osteoporosis
- Treats anemia
- Beats PMS
- Reduces stress
- Lowers blood pressure
- Diabetes friendly sweetener
- Protects from oxidative stresses
- Treats constipation
- Prevents fatigue
With so many health benefits taking small doses of blackstrap molasses is a good idea even if it may or may not help in your fibroids shrinkage.
Uterine fibroids are benign and never turn into Cancer. Following precautions will help.
- Avoid high fat and processed foods from your regular diet
- Reduce consumption of refined carbohydrates and refined sugar
- Stop alcohol and caffeine
- Eat pesticides free organic foods
- Consume foods rich in beta carotene
- Eat high iron foods
- Add starchy foods like sweet potatoes that keep estrogen levels in balance
- Exercise regularly
- Reduce stress
If your fibroids are not producing any symptoms or mild symptoms then blackstrap molasses is good to keep you overall healthy. If your symptoms are severe with heavy bleeding then it may help you to prevent anemia but not much in other symptoms. Bottomline is whatever remedy you use it is important to keep your doctor informed so that he/she can monitor your progress and intervene if required.