Stretch marks certainly you ugly on your smooth skin. You may have either develop them why losing or gaining weight quickly. If you are a woman then pregnancy is an additional risk factor for developing stretch marks.
When your skin stretches beyond its yield point it loses its elasticity and cannot come back to be original position. This leaves fine lines in the form of stretch marks.
You can easily get rid of these stretch marks with sugar scrub and other natural ingredients. You can use sugar for stretch marks in a number of following ways to make your skin look normal again.
How Sugar Helps to Reduce Stretch Marks?
- Sugar has been used for wound healing since ages in Africa and other parts of the world
- Granulated sugar is disaccharide sucrose which penetrates skin surface easily
- When sugar is dissolved in the skin, body fluids are attracted to the area and repair the skin
- Sugar removes dead skin and helps to regenerate new skin cells
How to Use Sugar for Stretch Marks
You can use sugar for stretch marks in a number of different ways. You can use sugar alone or use it with other natural ingredients such as oils and some other natural exfoliants to get rid of stretch marks.
1. Sugar Scrub
You can use both white granulated sugar or brown sugar. The brown sugar is more general on the skin as compared to the white sugar. Both type of Sugars will do a good job of removing stretch marks so don't worry if you do not have access to brown sugar.
- Add 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar in sufficient water to make thick paste
- Stir and mix it well ensure that I find consistency thick paste is made.
- Apply it on and around the stretch marks on your skin in a circular motion
- Leave it for 5 minutes and rinse it with water
- Do it every alternate day until the stretch marks are completely removed.
2. Sugar and Shea Butter
Shea butter helps in production of collagen to bring back the lost elasticity of the skin.
- Add 1 teaspoon of shea butter with 1 teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl
- Add two drops of essential Lavender oil
- Makes everything well
- Apply it on the stretch marks and surrounding areas by massaging for 10 minutes
- Rinse off with water after 5 minutes
3. Sugar and Almond Oil
The nutritions almond oil is an excellent skin repair oil. It is rich in vitamin A and E to give skin its smoothness and glow.
- Add fine granulated sugar and almond oil in equal quantity. One tablespoon of each should generally suffice.
Mix well to make a thick paste
Massage the affected stretch marked area with the paste for 5 minutes
Rinse it off with water after 5 minutes
Do it 2-3 times a week
4. Sugar and Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is very effective in improving elasticity all the skin due to mono saturated fats.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar well
Cover the bowl and keep the mixture for an hour for sugar and coconut oil to blend well.
Mix well again before use as some sugar may settle down at the bottom of the bowl
Massage the affected area for 10 minutes
Rinse if with water after 5 minutes
5. Sugar and Castor Oil
Castor oil moisturizes the skin. The ricinoleic acid in the castor oil penetrates the skin to tighten it and reduce stretch marks.
- Mix tablespoon of castor oil with 1 tablespoon of fine granulated sugar
- Apply the mixture on stretch marks and massage in circular motion for 5 minutes
- Rinse it off with water
- Apply it every other day
6. Sugar and Olive Oil
The purpose of adding olive oil is to attract moisture to concentrate in one area. Moisture help rebuilding skin cells faster.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl
- Mix it well to make a thin paste
- Massage it on the affected stretch mark area for 5 to 10 minutes
- Keep it there for like 5 minutes and rinse it off with water
- Do it daily
7. Sugar and Honey
Honey helps to retain moisture helping the saged skin to tighten.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey to 1 tablespoon of sugar in a small bowl
- Stir and mix it well
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil for making a thinner consistency paste, if you prefer.
- Apply the mixture and the affected stretch mark area to massage it in a circular motion for 5 minutes
- Leave it for another 5 minutes
- Do it every alternate day
Side Effects and Precautions
Sugar is generally very safe on the skin. Though there are no adverse effects of sugar on your skin, you should use it with care. Take the following precautions:
- Large granules of sugar massage on the skin can hurt the skin
- Brown sugar is more gentle on the skin, so use it if you can get it
- Scrub gently
- Do not use it if you have bruises or cuts in the area
- Keep your skin always moisturized
- Take precautions during the pregnancy itself to ensure minimum stretch marks post pregnancy
If you are going for weight loss, then do not go for quick loss. Let your weight gradually reduce so that skin doesn't get elastic stress. This will avoid stretch marks. Keep your skin always moisturised both internally and externally. So ensure that you drink enough fluids.