Are you exhaling bad breath? Before you answer this question it's very much possible that you may not even be aware that you are doing so. And if you are aware of it then you may find it embarrassing to open your mouth to talk to people. There are a number of things that can cause bad breath ranging from problems in the stomach to problems in your mouth. Some home remedies such as baking soda can stop your bad breath quickly and you can become social again.
The stink coming out of your mouth is not only embarrassing in social situation what is also an indication of an underlying health problem that you need to address soon as the baking soda will not help here.
Bad breath caused by smoking or eating raw onions and garlic and other smelling food items may linger on for some time but will go away after some time.
However this smell caused by the mushrooming bacteria in your stomach, in the tonsils or the mouth requires immediate attention before it becomes too difficult to handle. If it is coming from the bacterial infection of the tonsils then you have to get the tonsils treated or operated depending on what your doctor decides. Similarly if it is coming from your stomach or from your mouth then you will help accordingly treat your stomach or mouth to get rid of breath. Most of the time the bad breath coming out of the mouth is caused by an infection in the teeth and gums all the other mouth infection can also produce bad breath.
In this article we will look at how baking soda can get rid of your bad breath in many different ways.
How Baking Soda Helps to Stops Bad Breath?
Baking soda or Sodium Bicarbonate is used in almost every house for cooking foods and cleaning.
It is also used to treat many ailments as a home remedy.
It helps in treating halitosis, a teeth infection and gingivitis, a gun disease. Baking soda also helps to heal mouth ulcers and sores.
It possesses anti-inflammatory properties and it is alkaline in nature that is why it's a natural neutralizer of acidity. These properties of baking soda help to kill bacteria in the mouth.
At the same time its alkaline nature does not do any harm to the teeth or your gums in fact it helps to whiten the teeth.
Baking soda alone or along with other powerful antibacterial natural products can very effectively remove bad breath.
Let us look at some of the ways of getting rid of bad breath with baking soda.
7 Effective Ways to Use Baking Soda to Combat Bad Breath
Baking soda makes an excellent mouth rinse to get rid of bacteria from your mouth so that you can breathe fresh.
The procedure is simple as under
- Add 1 teaspoon of powder in a cup of warm water
- Mix it well so that the powder completely dissolve in the water
- Gargle with the water for at least 2 minutes.
The best way to gargle is to take a small sip of the water and swish the water for 15 seconds inside the mouth then spit it out. Repeat it 6-8 times.
This is another alkaline combination with which you are going to gargle.
This is more potent gargling solution to remove bad breath as compared to the baking soda alone
- Take half a teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon sea salt.
- Pour them in a glass of warm water and mix it well until the ingredients are completely dissolve in the water
- Take a sip and gargle 6 to 8 times for15 seconds each.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda to the usual amount of toothpaste you generally take for brushing to make a thick paste
- Take this paste on your brush and brush your teeth.
We are going to make a home made toothpaste out of these two components.
Use virgin coconut oil which is antibacterial and antiseptic. This toothpaste is very effective toothpaste in getting rid of the germs from your teeth and also helps to whiten your teeth without damaging the enamel.
- Take one teaspoon of baking soda in a crucible
- Add coconut oil drop by drop and mix it to make a thick paste you may require less than half teaspoon of coconut oil to make this paste
- Brush your teeth with this paste
Do it twice a day for a week and you wouldn't like to give up this tooth paste. You can continue with this if you love to do that.
This is another mouthwash which helps to get rid of bad breath in give you a fresh breath.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda powder into an empty glass
- Add 3 drops of essential peppermint oil
- Immediately add water to fill up the glass and mix well.
- Gargle with water for 2 minutes.
This is an interesting solution for getting rid of bad breath. This citric acid in lemon juice will chemically react with baking soda to make an alkaline solution that will help to get rid of your bad breath. In fact, the same combination is also very useful for stopping and preventing heartburn.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda powder in an empty glass
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it well.
- Fill the glass With warm water
- Gargle with water for 2 minutes until the entire water is used.
- You can do this procedure two to three times a day to get the best results.
This combination is also one of a very effective home remedy for your bad breath. Although apple cider vinegar is mildly acidic it does not adversely impact your teeth. It also helps to neutralize the ph.
- Add 1 teaspoon of baking soda powder a glass of warm water
- Add 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and mix it well
- Gargle with a prepared solution for 2 minutes until the entire solution is finished
- Do it two to three times a day.
Other Tips for Bad Breath
Baking soda for bad breath is safe to use on your teeth and gum. Since the powder can be little abrasive use it gently while brushing your teeth.
Once you are bad breath problem is resolved you don't have to use baking soda if you don't want to.
In addition to the above, there are a number of other ways to hide your bad breath temporarily. You can chew a clove or cardamom for some time and spit it out. You can also chew a peppermint to suppress the bad breath.
It's important to keep your gut healthy because none of the above mentioned remedies will work if the stink is coming out of your stomach.