Diabetes is one of the most damaging condition of your body. All your vital organs slowly begin to deteriorate if you have uncontrolled diabetes. It is worrying as incidences of the condition are increasing globally.
Eating unhealthy food and inactive lifestyle are main contributors for rise in diabetes. The number of people with diabetes have increased by double in the last one decade and still rising. Such rising incidences are real cause of concerns particularly when diabetes in majority of cases is reversible.
The irony of the situation is that most people resort to medication to control it rather than trying to reverse it naturally . If you are keen to reverse your diabetes then read on.
2 Different Types of Diabetes
Diabetes Type 1
Diabetes Type 1 or Juvenile diabetes is an autoimmune disease. The immune system attacks beta cells in the pancreas which produces insulin. This results in reduced production of insulin or even complete inability to make insulin.
It is generally develops in the early childhood before the age of 20.
Since type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease it cannot be reversed. Therefore at the focus remains on treating and controlling it.
Diabetes Type 2
Type 2 diabetes is the one that is causing all the fury around the globe. It usually occurs after the age of 40, but current trends are showing people in their 30s and even 20s are developing it.
Unlike Type 1 Diabetes where insulin production is stopped, diabetes type 2 is an insulin resistance condition. The body produces insulin, but it does not respond to it in the required way. Gradually the insulin receptors are burnt out and begin to impact the rest if the body.
What Causes Diabetes
Diabetes is caused by elevated blood sugar levels. The rise in blood sugar levels can occur due to consumption of access levels of certain foods such as carbohydrates, sugars and fats. To counter the raised blood sugar levels your body releases insulin. Your body either doesn't produce enough insulin or the insulin produced doesn't do its job. That condition is called diabetes.
Main causes of diabetes type 1 are
- Viral or bacterial infection
- Toxins within food
- Unidentified causes of autoimmune reaction
Main causes of diabetes type 2 are
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Increasing age
- Bad diet with excess carbohydrates, sugar and fat
- Pregnancy in some cases
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Family History
How to Reverse Diabetes Type 2
You can naturally reverse your diabetes in the following 3 simple steps.
Step 1. Foods to Avoid to Reverse Diabetes
As a first step you have to look at your food menu and discard all those food items that cause you blood sugar levels to rise. This precaution alone will go a long way in reversing your diabetes naturally.
Avoid the following foods as they are known to raise blood sugar
- Sugary Drinks - All types of sugary drinks are responsible to quickly spike up your blood sugar levels. Sodas, other sugary drinks and even fruit juices are the main culprits. Switching to raw honey and stevia are good natural sweetener options.
- Gluten and Carbs - Most grains with high gluten contents breakdown into sugar as soon as you consume them. So remove wheat, rice and other carbohydrates from your diet to initially until your sugar levels come.
- Hydrogenated Oils - All hydrogenated oils have been linked to increased arterial clogging and diabetes so avoid them.
- Alcohol - Heavy consumption of alcohol not only affects your liver but also has been found to increase blood sugar levels. Beer in particular is more damaging as it contains high carbohydrate levels. Slow down on alcohol or completely give it up if you can.
- Dairy - Dairy products particularly made from cow's milk cause inflammation due to A1 casein production.
Step 2. Foods to Consume to Cure Diabetes
What you eat and avoid has a significant impact on diabetes. Therefore, to reverse your diabetes naturally, you should always be careful in what you eat. Certain food are good for maintaining good blood sugar levels and they don't impact autoimmune system by causing any kind of inflammations.
Eat the following foods that will not only reverse your diabetes but will also prevent it.
- Proteins - Increase your protein intake to cover up for carbohydrate reduction. Proteins do not increase blood sugar levels as they slow down the absorption of sugar. Fishes rich in Omega 3 fatty acids are your best bets.
- Fiber Rich Foods - High fiber foods slow down sugar absorption. You can get your daily fibers from vegetables, fruits and nuts. Brussels sprouts, avocados, berries, tree nuts such as almonds and walnuts and omega 3 fatty acid rich flaxseeds and chia seeds.
- Minerals - Chromium and magnesium have been found to balance blood glucose levels. You can get high chromium contents from raw cheese, green beans and grass fed beef. Magnesium sources are spinach, black beans, pumpkin seeds, almonds and yogurt along with many other vegetables and nuts.
- Low Glycemic Index Foods - Foods have been classified according to their potential to raise blood sugar levels. The mechanism to classify is called glycemic index. Low index foods will not raise blood sugar levels as much as high glycemic index foods. All non starchy vegetables, berries, nuts and seeds, eggs, fishes and raw pasteurized dairy are generally low glycemic index. consume them.
Step 3. Exercises for Blood Sugar Control
Various studies have shown that exercise can control blood sugar levels. The other advantages of exercise are lower blood pressure and improved heart conditions. Exercise is your natural way of reversing diabetes.
- Improves metabolism - Exercise burns fat and build lean muscle to improve your metabolism.
- Converts Energy - If converts the blood sugar into energy and reaches it faster to the cells reducing sugar levels in the blood.
- Lowers Blood Pressure - Exercise reduces cholesterol levels by increasing HDL levels and reducing LDL which are responsible for both artery clogging as well as for increased blood sugar levels.
So get involved in regular exercise. A 40 minutes of brisk walk, swimming, cycling and yoga and meditation are some of the best options for you to adopt and improve your overall health while trying to reverse diabetes.
Practice stretching and cardio exercise also for best overall results.
In addition to focussing on what to eat and what not to eat and getting involved in a regular exercise routine, you should also consider taking some natural supplements that can really help you to reverse your diabetes sooner than later. Following are natural supplements to control and prevent your diabetes.
- Fish Oil - Omega 3 rich fatty acids in fish oil reduce triglycerides which directly reduces blood sugar levels.. It is an excellent natural remedy for your diabetes. Follow the instruction on the labels for daily dozes or contact your doctor for right dozes in your specific case
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon controls blood sugar levels and improves sensitivity to insulin. Add cinnamon to your daily diet or take a few drops of cinnamon essential oil in your tea or other liquid drinks.
- Bitter Gourd Extract - Bitter gourd also known as bitter mellon regulates blood sugar levels. You can extract juice and drink it. It is bitter in taste but great for your diabetes control.
Why Reverse Diabetes?
- Diabetes, slowly and steadily deteriorates your internal organs ultimately leading to death. Be it your kidneys, heart, brain, eyes or even skin, diabetes causes destruction.
- It has almost become an epidemic now. In the US about 10% of the population is suffering from diabetes. There are some other countries where more than 25% of the population is suffering from it.
- Diabetes type 2 is a lifestyle disorder so changing lifestyle will help.
- Diabetes type 2 is reversible condition therefore all the efforts should be put into reverse it and improve the quality of life.
If you are diagnosed with diabetes type 2 or prediabetes condition then make a commitment to follow above advice and reverse your diabetes to live healthy and long.