Disease causing microbes, viruses and bacteria can be stopped invading your body by your strong immune System. If you are getting common cold frequently or viral infection regularly during a virus spread season, then you have to boost your immunity. Your immune system is too weak to fight these viral attacks.
Any frequent skin and respiratory infections are all indications of your weak immunity. You can do a lot to increase your immunity by natural home remedies and lifestyle changes.
There are a number of super foods that can boost your immunity in a short term. These ingredients are mostly available in your kitchen or the nearest grocery store.
You need to sleep well, exercise well, eat nutritional food and avoid stress to boost your immune system. This is it. This sounds so simple and it is simple yet many people are not disciplined enough to follow the basics of remaining healthy.
4 Different Ways to Boost Immunity
Boosting immunity requires all body organs to work efficiently to keep the body function strongly to combat external elements that can cause infections.
1. Improve your Digestive System to Bolster Immunity
Your digestive system must work perfectly to remain healthy. Probiotic found in yogurt provides good bacteria that fights bad bacteria to improve metabolism. Probiotic also fights respiratory infections.
2. Make your Lever Function Better to Increase Immunity
The immune cells in the lever will be strengthened if liver is healthy. Give support to your lever so that it can detoxify your body and increase immunity. The main role of lever is to flush out toxins. If this function falters your immunity falters.
Avoid fatty and junk food that retard lever functioning by depositing fats on the lever. Instead eat foods that help flushing out toxins. All cruciferous green vegetables such as kale, lettuce, broccoli and cabbage help your lever to function efficiently.
3. Ensure Your Kidneys Function Efficiently to Feel Energetic
Drink lots of water and other healthy drinks such as fruit and vegetable juices. If kidneys function well, you feel strong and rejuvenated. Diabetes can severely impact kidney functioning, therefore keep a constant vigil on your blood sugar levels.
4. Improve your Cardiovascular Health to Boost Immunity
Your heart pumps blood to the entire body. It must Function well to keep you fit a healthy. Regularly check your blood pressure and ensure that they remain in the normal range. You lipid profile should be normal for your heart to pump normally.
Chronic stress can have significantly bad impact on your cardiovascular health therefore you must ensure that stress levels do not rise and become chronic.
All the above 4 organ functionalities can be improved by eating right kind of food and exercising Regularly.
7 Super Foods to Increase Your Immunity
Add following food items in your daily diet to improve your immunity.
- Turmeric - Turmeric has antioxidants that neutralizes free radicals to increase your immunity. Add turmeric in cooking or drink it with milk
- Lemon - Lemon containing Vitamin C boosts immunity. White blood cells function efficiently in the presence of vitamin C to fight infections. It maintains body weight and removes toxins from the body. You can drink lemon juice with honey every day.
- Yogurt - Yogurt containing probiotic or friendly bacteria helps fight bad bacteria in the body and keep your immunity strong. You can make smoothies or just eat 2 cups of plain probiotic yogurt every day.
- Garlic - Garlic is a natural immune booster containing anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties. It's active ingredient allicin fights infections and vitamin C and E along with minerals manganese and selenium boost immunity. You can eat 1-2 cloves of garlic empty stomach daily or if it is too harsh for you then add garlic in your daily dishes. Garlic supplements are also useful
- Ginger - Ginger improves blood circulation and its warming effect on the body help remove toxins. it is a very good home remedy to boost immunity. You can drink ginger tea daily 2-3 times and add ginger in your daily dishes to boost immunity.
- Oranges - Orange with vitamin C and strong antioxidant capabilities help to boost your immunity. They contain Vitamin A, B9 or folate and copper lowers blood cholesterol and blood pressure. You can drink fresh orange juice daily or just enjoy eating oranges.
- Honey - Honey with its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties does so many positive changes in the body ranging from improving digestive systems , treat acid reflux, cough and heals scars and wounds effectively.
There are numerous other nutritional food items that can be used to boost the immune system, but you can do very well with a discipline of using the above 7 foods in your daily intakes and maintain good sleep, exercise well and live a stress free life.