Pinworms are one of the most common parasite infections in the intestines of young children around the world.
The very small eggs of pinworms get into their hands from sharing personal objects of already infected people. These eggs then find their way into the intestine once they use an unclean hand to eat anything.
You can prevent the parasite infection by properly washing hands before eating anything. You can use garlic and other home remedies for pinworm infection treatment .
Table of Contents
- How Garlic Removes Pinworm Infections?
- 3 Ways to Use Garlic for Pinworms
- Non Garlic Based Other Home Remedies for Pinworms
- Other Tips and Precautions
Garlic has many medicinal properties and it has been in use for treating many conditions since ancient times.
Even science has now established many health properties of garlic. Most of these health benefits of garlic arise from its sulphur compounds. The aroma also comes from these compounds.
The list of health benefits of garlic is long ranging from treatment of skin problems to heart diseases and cancers. You think of any modern day health problem and you will find garlic will help.
But let us focus on the properties that help to treat pinworms.
These are antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties that also come from sulphur compounds called allicin.
You can use garlic to kill pinworms in the intestine by ingesting. You can also kill the colony of eggs it leaves in the anus by external application of garlic.
Garlic will remove the following symptoms of Pinworms and treat it
- Itching in the anal area
- Abdominal pain sometimes
- Disturbed sleep due to irritated anal
- Pinworms in stools
Pinworms generally affect children upto the age of 15. Adults develop a resistance to infection which is good but low immunity can infect adults also.
You can use garlic in one or more of the following ways to treat pinworms.
Raw Garlic kills Pinworms in the guts.
- Peel a clove of garlic and eat it by cutting into small pieces and chewing or
- Add pieces of raw garlic in pasta or other food and eat or
- Crush and grind a clove of garlic into paste and spread on a slice of bread to eat or
- Eat Raw Garlic in any form you prefer
- Do it 2-3 times daily
If you don't like the taste of garlic then you can take garlic pills for treatment of pinworms.
Different brand of garlic pills have different potencies so follow the recommendations on the label.
A thick paste made from garlic and petroleum jelly can kill the colony of pinworm eggs around anus area.
- Chop a few cloves of garlic and ground them
- Add equal quantity of petroleum jelly and mix well to make a thick paste
- Apply on the affected itching area of anus with q-tip or cotton swab
- Do it 2-3 times daily.
- Adjust the garlic petroselinum jelly ratio if you find it too harsh by increasing petroleum jelly
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Essential oils
- Lemon juice
- Pineapple juice
- Carrot juice
Pinworms are infectious. If you take the following precautions then you can prevent it.
- Wash your hands before eating anything by hand
- Avoid using towels, cloths and other personal effects of the infected person.
- Everyone in the family should be treated if a single member of the family is infected.
Complete removal of pinworms takes about 4-6 weeks unless a new set of eggs are hatched. If Garlic and other home remedies do not work in your case then get help from a doctor. Even if you decide to use home remedies then keep a doctor in the loop who can monitor.