Hemorrhoids are the real pain in the anus area. You are in a most awkward situation as the pain continues in sitting, standing and sleeping positions. You wish you never had hemorrhoids. Well if you take a little extra care, you will not have another hemorrhoid in the future. In fact the current ones were also avoidable. Anyway, better late than never.
Coconut oil will not only reduce your pain of the hemorrhoids but will also treat them. This and many other natural treatments are as good as any other medicine particularly when you follow a comprehensive strategy which includes diet and exercise also.
It is always better to deal with the cause and treatment simultaneously. The use of coconut oil for hemorrhoids along with other preventative initiatives will give you fast relief. Learn here how to apply coconut oil for hemorrhoids as well as how to use coconut in the diet to heal hemorrhoids faster.
Why Hemorrhoids are Formed in the Body?
You must be wondering what are hemorrhoids and why do the form in the external and internal periphery of the rectum?
Hemorrhoids also known as piles are nothing but swollen veins in the lower part of your rectum. When these veins are stretched due to any reason, they get irritated and swell. These are preventable and should be treated as soon as they appear otherwise with time they will become more painful and may even bleed.
There are a number of causes for hemorrhoids to form. Some of the most common ones are listed below
- Extended sitting - Sitting for long periods at a place and particularly in the toilet
- Obesity - Obese people, particularly if they are not eating fiber rich diet, are more vulnerable
- Chronic constipation - straining to move stools puts unnecessary extra pressure on the nearby veins causing then to get swelled
- Chronic diarrhea - does the same damage as the constipation does.
- Aging - Weaker muscular system and veins act as catalysts to cause hemorrhoids. Most cases of hemorrhoids are in the 45-65 age group people
- Pregnancy - If you are a woman then this is an additional risk factor as the uterus expands and presses the veins in the colon
- Heavy lifting - Lifting heavy weights can cause veins to get stretched
- Genetics - Unfortunately genetic predisposition can't be avoided but certainly probabilities can be reduced with more care in diet and exercise
How to Use Coconut Oil to Prevent and Treat Hemorrhoids ?
Coconut oil can be used in many different ways for hemorrhoids pain relief and treatment. It can be used alone or along with many other ingredient to get optimum results.
You can use coconut oil, both internally and externally, to treat your hemorrhoids. For the external use it replaces many chemical based creams and acts as a safe natural method to heal hemorrhoids. To enhance the effectiveness many other natural ingredients can be added.
How to Consume Coconut Oil in Diet to Deal with Hemorrhoids?
You can consume the virgin coconut oil in different ways to deal with hemorrhoids as described under
- Consume one tablespoon of coconut oil directly
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a cup of warm water, mix it well and drink
- Do it twice daily
Do not drink more than 2 tablespoons of coconut oil as it may lead to diarrhea which is not good for hemorrhoids.
How to Use Coconut Oil Externally to Heal Hemorrhoids?
Coconut oil on its own is a very powerful anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory natural product. You apply it alone or with other ingredients. Many other oils such as olive oil, almond oil can be added. Though, these oils have similar capabilities they will not add much zest to the treatment.
Following three methods are very effective to use coconut oil for hemorrhoids
1. Coconut OIl Alone
- Apply 1/2 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil with a cotton ball on affected area with hemorrhoids
- Keep it pressed for 5 minutes.
- Do it 2-3 times a day
- Do it daily
- If you want to experiment with other oils then add olive oil or almond oil or both
2. Coconut Oil with Turmeric
Turmeric is a very powerful anti-inflammatory agent. Adding turmeric to coconut oil will increase the healing power to combat hemorrhoids.
- Take 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and mix it well to make a thick paste
- Adjust the quantities of oil or turmeric powder to get right consistency that is thick enough to stay in place
- keep it there of 5 minutes.
- Wash the area properly otherwise turmeric will color your cloths
- Do it 2-3 times daily
3. Coconut Oil with Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree oil is also potent anti-inflammatory oil. You will require only few drops to deal with hemorrhoids.
- Add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil to a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Mix well
- Soak a cotton ball and apply on the hemorrhoids.
- Hold it there for 5 minutes
- Discard the cotton ball.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. Dehydration worsens the condition.
- Keep your digestion in best conditions. This means focusing on your diet to avoid constipation. Constipation not only causes hemorrhoids but also worsen the pain.
- If your hemorrhoids are due to chronic diarrhea then control your diarrhea and do not consume coconut oil. Continue with external application alone.
- Eat healthy fiber rich diet. Add nuts, beans oats and wholemeal grains in your diet. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
- Use extra virgin coconut oil to get the best results. If you prefer make the coconut oil at home.
- Do not consume more than 2 tablespoons of coconut oil other wise it may cause diarrhea.
- Maintain proper hygiene and always keep the affected area clean
- Keep the two coconut oil bottles separately. One for the external use and the other for internal consumption.
Coconut oil has been in use for hemorrhoids for ages and continues to give relief to the patients around the globe. If your hemorrhoids are bleeding or are complicated, then do consult your doctor for proper medical guidance.