If you have tried everything else to deal with your acne and not been very successful, then talk to your dermatologist. But if you are someone who gets occasional outbreaks of acne which are not sever, then use apple cider vinegar to deal with those pesky pimples.
Acne are caused by excess production of sebum (an oil that keeps your skin healthy and vibrant). Your pores are clogged by the mixture of the oil, dead skin and other environmental pollutants settling on your face. Bacterial infection can worsen the condition.
If you can keep the impurities and dead skin away from clogging the pores then you can avoid acne. This is a hard but doable work. Apple cider vinegar will help you deal with acne in many ways.
Why Should You Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne?
If you have severe acne, then of course no natural method is going to help you to completely get rid of them. However, if you are an individual with normal acne breakouts then apple cider vinegar will help you in many different ways to heal your acne.
- Apple cider vinegar is an organic acid which can kill acne causing bacteria causing
- It also reduces appearance of acne scars
- It works fast and effective in non complicated forms of acne
Given a choice, everyone would prefer natural products on their skin as compared to using chemicals. Apple cider vinegar is one such natural product which if used properly can improve your skin and remove acne.
So if you are a teenager and just got your first outbreak, then don't panic try natural products first. Maintain better hygiene and eat healthy foods to get rid of your acne. If you are suffering from acne for a few years or you a parent of a teenager or other adult suffering from mild acne then use or suggest using apple cider vinegar in the following ways.
3 Ways to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Acne free Skin
The whole objective of treating acne is to ensure that your facial skin is keep your skin pores clean of the impurities and bacteria. You can achieve this by the following 3 ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Toner
You can make your natural homemade apple cider vinegar based facial toner as gentle as you want as compared to the harsh chemical based commercially available toner.
Apple cider vinegar toner helps balance and restore skin's original pH. So it will not only reduce your acne but will also improve overall complexion of your skin.
Facial toners are lotions that are designed to cleanse the skin and shrink the skin pores. They are normally used to remove the settled dirt, oil and makeup from your facial skin.
Here is how you prepare Apple cider vinegar toner
- Add 100 ml apple cider vinegar in a jar
- Add 200 ml of distilled water
- Add 10 drops of lemon essential oil
- Mix all ingredients well and store it
How to apply Apple Cider Vinegar toner?
- Wash your face with warm water
- Shake your toner bottle well and apply the toner on your face with cotton ball
- Apply natural moisturiser once the toner is dried.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Face Wash
Dilute apple cider vinegar with water in 1:10 ratio. Mix the solution well and wash your face with it. It is a s simple as that. YOu can do it twice daily for a week to see the results.
3. Drink Apple Cider Vinegar for Healthy Skin
Drink apple cider vinegar! This is the fad today and there is a reason for that as it is beneficial in more than one way to your overall health. From improving metabolism, reducing weight and benefitting skin, it is considered a magic drink. We will focus here on its use for skin.
The biggest advantage of drinking apple cider vinegar is that it helps absorb nutrients coming from other food sources. So drink it after meals. Dilute it in water before drinking it.
- It boosts immunity
- It is anti-inflammatory
- It balances pH
So it helps your skin from inside the body to stay healthy. With internal consumption and topical application of apple cider vinegar you will be able to deal with acne more effectively and faster.
Apple cider vinegars is very good for your skin and overall health. However you have to take the following precautions before using it.
- Do not apply it directly on your skin. It may burn the skin as it is concentrated acid
- Dilute it in water before drinking it or applying it on the skin
- Ranging from 1:5 to 1:10 ratios of apple cider vinegar to water dilution is generally acceptable in most cases.
- Choose your most suited dilution ratio by hit and trial method.
The scientific evidence is scanty and inconclusive but the users swear by it. So try and test and if your acne goes away then great otherwise consult your dermatologist for other options.