Dandruff is a very common problem. If you are also suffering from it but don't know what to do then read on. Dandruff is the white flaks of dead skin cells that your scalp sheds. It is generally caused by over production of sebum on the scalp (seborrheic dermatitis). A fungus called Melassezia and even dryness of the skin can cause dandruff. A large number of shampoos claim to reduce the symptoms of dandruff but none cures it. There are a number of home remedies that can treat dandruff well. Aloe vera is one such natural product for dandruff that effectively removes and stops the production of white flakes.
Why Aloe Vera Works for Dandruff?
You can use aloe vera extract or aloe vera gel to get rid of your dandruff.
Pectin and polysaccharides aloe vera help to regain normal cell growth Innova production is controlled leading to smooth scalp without dandruff.
Moisturizing capabilities of aloe vera reduces dryness of the scalp that is one of the causes of dandruff.
Aloe vera kills bacteria in the hair follicles to not only treats dandruff but also stops hair fall.
Glycoproteins in aloe vera helps to control inflammation on the scalp and stops itching and urge to scratch
Antifungal capabilities of aloe vera helps to fight the fungus causing dandruff
Cleansing enzymes in aloe vera remove the dead skin to stop dandruff.
Vitamins and minerals in aloe vera nourishes your scalp and makes the skin healthy
How to Use Aloe Vera to Clear Dandruff?
You can use aloe vera in number of ways and with number of other natural ingredients to clear your dandruff.
1. Aloe Vera Gel
- Take an aloe vera leaf and extract fresh gel.
- Apply 1 or more tablespoons of aloe vera gel on your scalp and refrigerate the balance in an air tight sealed bottle for further use.
- You can use reputed commercial brands of aloe vera gel if you can't get fresh
- Leave it on the scalp for 30 minutes
- Wash it off with mild herbal shampoo
- Do it every alternate day to ward off dandruff
2. Aloe Vera with Olive Oil
- Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Apply it thoroughly on your scalp
- Leave it there for 30 minutes
- Rinse off with mild shampoo
- Do it 2-3 times times per week to clear dnadruff
3. Aloe vera with Yogurt
- Add 2 tablespoons of aloe vera to one cup of organic yoghurt or homemade yoghurt
- Mix them well
- Do not use flavoured or sweetened yoghurt as it will not help removal of dandruff
- Apply the mix on your scalp and root of the hair
- Leave it for 30 minutes with water and mild Herbal shampoo
4. Aloe Vera with Tea Tree Oil
Tree tea oil is a potent antifungal antiviral and antibacterial product therefore very useful to deal with fungus that might be the cause of your dandruff.
- And 3-5 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel and mix it well
- Apply this makes on your scale thoroughly and leave it overnight
- Rinse it off with water and shampoo
- You can give this treatment to your scalp twice a week
5. Aloe Vera with Neem oil
Been is a very powerful antibacterial and antifungal agent. It will kill fungus and reduce itching while treating your dandruff.
- Add 5 drops of neem oil in a tablespoon of aloe vera gel. If required you can double the quantity of both Neem oil and aloe vera gel
- Apply the mix on your scalp
- Leave it for 30 minutes
- Wash with my Herbal shampoo and water
- Do it 2-3 times a week
6. Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel to 2 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- Put it on a heat at low flame to cook and keep stirring to mix well
- Remove the mix from the heat and let it cool for some time
- Massage this mix on your scalp for a few minutes
- Wash and rinse your scalp and hair with mild Herbal shampoo after 30 minutes
- Do it twice a week to get rid of dandruff
7. Aloe Vera with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar will not only help to get rid of your dandruff fast but will also balance pH of scalp.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel
- Mix them well to make consistent thick paste
- Message it on your scalp for sometime
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with mild herbal shampoo
- Do it twice a week to clear your dandruff
Other Tips and Precautions
- Use fresh aloe vera gel for best results
- Chemicals in commercially available aloe vera gel can sometimes be counterproductive so use aloe vera for reputed brands
- Do not blow dry your hair if you have dandruff. Even otherwise regular blow drying will lead to hair fall
- You can use aloe vera shampoos in aloe vera conditioner provided they do not contain Harsh Chemicals such as sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS), fragrances and perfumes
- Use of aloe vera with lemon and honey on your hair can lighten your hair color.
- Lowering of your stress level eating nutritional diet and regular exercise will have a very positive impact on the processor getting rid of your dandruff
So use aloe vera in other natural products Tu make your skin free of dandruff in embarrassing white flakes falling on your shoulders. Is natural remedies not produce the desired results then contact your doctor.